Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:06:15 AM

Author Topic: Saving a 3d digitize  (Read 2258 times)

Saving a 3d digitize
« on: January 15, 2015, 08:14:18 PM »
OK got my machine running. Now cant figure out how to safe a file I can open in bobcad that will see the point cloud. I attached a file using the dig wizard. I think it was just the NC code it generated to scan the surface.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Saving a 3d digitize
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 08:22:50 PM »
Yes that is teh Gcode file the wizard generated to scan the surface of the part. Run that and it asks for a filename to save to. When complete the file you named is a point file generated by running the Gcode.

Then Import the file into BobCad.

Now IF the file is not compatable you can set OPTIONS for teh points file in mach3 that changes the format of the output file.

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 10:08:57 PM »
Ok got this far. was able to open the file in my cnc editor. Now what extension to save as to open in meshcam? This is a crazy process.. wish someone would come up with something easier.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 12:01:08 PM »
you do NOT try to convert the points file to anything you simply import into BobCad as a point file. Bobcad then should finish the process of converting it to a STL file then on to a Gcode file THEN you save it  to the Machh3 Gcode directory.

Load it into Mach3 then cut away.

ONCE you learn the process it is easy. Learning the process is the hard part. READ and study and practice.

(;-) TP