Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:14:22 PM

Author Topic: Control Box  (Read 2851 times)

Control Box
« on: January 08, 2015, 05:00:25 AM »
Hi All,

I’m looking into the option of having a Control box made up for my CNC machine. Can anyone recommend companys that do this sort of thing?

Regards,

Dave
Re: Control Box
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 10:18:01 PM »
Hello Barbs:

Are you looking for an enclosure for the electronic components, or a separate control panel with push buttons, E-stop button, main on/off swithch, led's,  and/or potentiometers for feedrate/spindle rate?

www.par-metal.com sells a large selection of aluminum enclosures ideal for building your own electrical cabinet.

Most users make their own from commercial enclosure boxes per their own ideas.

www.CNC4PC.com sells some of their own design for their complete CNC systems.

You also might consider a pendant like the ones sold by www.VistaCNC.com, that do nearly everything a big control panel can do, in a compact usb package, with an illuminated screen panel. The can start,stop, pause, jog, set home, set x/y/z/a zero plus run macro's of your choice.

John

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 06:38:33 PM »
Dave,
Lots of companies that do this out there. If you want build yourself you can get nearly everything you need from AutomationDirect.  Saddlebrook controls in SaddleBrook Nj is one of the few AD vars that they set up years ago and they can build the panel for you and even give you a UL label if you need it.

Offline BarryB

•  267 267
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 03:36:01 PM »
I'd watch your local Craigslist.  Things like this pop up all the time around here.  That's the way I got mine:)