Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:22:32 PM

Author Topic: Need Help with Darwin and Spindle DRO  (Read 4216 times)

Need Help with Darwin and Spindle DRO
« on: December 09, 2014, 07:58:59 AM »
Hello all,
 Iv'e been trying to get get a spindle RPM DRO working for awhile with Darwin. on the diagnostic tab you can see the index led flash when the spindle is running. but I can not figure out how to turn that pulse into a DRO value on the screen. if you open diagnostic logging you can also see the signal change from 1 to 0 continuously. so at this point is this even possible to do?

Offline Racer

•  16 16
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help with Darwin and Spindle DRO
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 08:44:54 AM »
I have the same problem. In Darwin input I can see spindle RPS but I cant get it in a Mach4 DRO true speed.

Hello all,
 Iv'e been trying to get get a spindle RPM DRO working for awhile with Darwin. on the diagnostic tab you can see the index led flash when the spindle is running. but I can not figure out how to turn that pulse into a DRO value on the screen. if you open diagnostic logging you can also see the signal change from 1 to 0 continuously. so at this point is this even possible to do?
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 10:21:19 AM »
I'm assuming this really has nothing to do with the Darwin Plugin.... as I can see the index signal in Mach4. the issue would how do I change that signal to a true RPM value on the screen set. I tried mc.mcSpindleGetSensorRPM and mc.mcSpindleGetTrueRPM and several others in a script for a DRO.
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 10:29:13 AM »
Also, Darwin calculates the frequency for pulsed inputs but whether or not Mach4 can make use of that I don't know.

I am also interested in a spindle RPM DRO.  Please keep us posted on your progress.

Peter
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 10:40:48 AM »
I suppose then if you can see the pulse then, you should be able to do some math calculations based on a timer of how often you see the pulse during that start and end of the timer. There might be other ways but it's "just a thought" as TP puts it. All this would have to be done in the plc script and any pauses or sleeps in the plc script I would assume would affect the results. (another thing to play with) I'm using timers now for tool usages, guess i'll have to see how to use this to check pulse signals. I did use a timer to check length of pulse signal and that worked well.
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 08:36:04 AM »
A few pics of my screen set. the one shows the index change from high to low and from low to high as the spindle is running. the program rpm dro can be typed in and works much better than having to put it in mdi and hit cycle start.
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 06:01:21 PM »
Made up a simple lathe drill wizard by butchering up Brians bolt circle wizard. had to put G17 in for the plane though cause G18 code doesn't seem to work. The peck drilling works though. although I haven't tried it out on the machine yet.