Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 09:13:38 PM

Author Topic: Getting LEDs to illuminate  (Read 5654 times)

Getting LEDs to illuminate
« on: January 09, 2015, 08:35:16 AM »
I thought this would be easy, but for the life of me I cant get Pokeys to illuminate a LED!
Led connected with 220 ohm Resistor pin 32 and ground. Polarity has been checked (and also reversed to verify)
Mach3 plugin: Pin 32 set to output, LED 804 (Start LED), Invert "Off" - Also tried lots of other LED numbers to see if I had the correct mapping
Pressing start and running some code the LED on the Pokeys does not illuminate, altho looking at it in low light, I can see a faint glow which is always on regardless of Mach 3 screen LED state, or Pokeys Settings.
Anyone have an idea why this would not be working?

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: Getting LEDs to illuminate
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 11:30:53 AM »
Hi

Did you try and test the LED using PoKeys software? Do you have the latest Mach3 and Mach3 PoKeys plugin?
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 05:15:52 PM »
HI, Yes I have tried with just the Pokeys software, Ive attached an image. Do I have it set correctly? If I do then I must have something wrong with the LED connection, but I cant see what its that simple!

Ive just attached the IO Status window. My understanding is that an LED connected from pin 12, 32,33,34 to ground would illuminate as Digital output is "Active"
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 05:30:58 PM by madeintheshed »
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 03:29:28 AM »
Sometimes I just cant get my head around Pokeys!
You try everything to get it to work and it doesn't. The next day you go back and try the same things and it works perfect!
This morning I decided to wire up all the switches as I knew I could get them to work, and at the same time wired in the LEDs. After  I got all the switches working (well most) I tried turning on some LEDs and they turned on/off exactly as expected. Still got some I need to work out the codes for and I think I have a faulty one, but here is what I have been working on ....
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 03:51:23 AM »
So, I would like to get "Ref All Home" and "Auto tool Zero" to work. I cant find the codes to get these buttons to work. Does any one know what they are?

I also need to work on the MPG controls, but I feel its the way Mach 3 has programmed them that's going to cause me grief.....
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 05:08:29 AM »
So, I would like to get "Ref All Home" and "Auto tool Zero" to work. I cant find the codes to get these buttons to work. Does any one know what they are?

From research it seems that buttons with VB script in them, cant be assigned like a normal OEM code. What has been suggested, and seems to work is using a macropump and mapping the Pokeys input to Mach OEM 1
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 09:41:40 AM »
Cool, got it all working. Well almost.
Not real happy with the way the MPG works, but I can live with it until I work out a better way.
Whats really frustrating me is the federate override reset. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I tried swapping the encoder (has a built in switch), tried swapping the mapping (both with the speed override reset which works perfect). The overrides are working its just that sometimes I hit the switch to reset back to 100% and nothing happens. Move the encoder, sometimes it resets sometimes it doesn't.

Any body have any clues?

I have the reset mapped to 1014