Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:47:08 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 Not Detecting Port I/O After Custom Config  (Read 1813 times)

Mach3 Not Detecting Port I/O After Custom Config
« on: January 08, 2015, 02:32:43 PM »
Hello Folks,

I am attempting to get my Mach3 Configured after a HDD crash (and a good time away from Mach & My CNC)  I am using the latest version of Mach3 (3.43.66), Running Windows XP & a PCI 2 Port Parallel Card.
I Installed Mach3 (Did) reboot & driver test and all is well.   My CNC is an older Zenbot 1213 with a Mechatronics Controller.   If I load up the Default Mach3Mill, and set the port #1 to Starting Address of 0xDD00 (Device manager on XP show this as the Starting Address) and check enable - I am able to communicate with the Controller and do some basic movements of the CNC (limited but enough to see the port is sending to the controller), More importantly under the diagnostics tab - I am able to depress my limit switches and touch-plate and I can see the corresponding Port 1 Pin states Show Green as I press the various microswitches.  If I load up the custom Zenbot.xml and set the port 1 to 0xDD00 - I am able to jog the CNC unit properly on all axis - however my Port1 Pin status is all dark, and no longer detects any of the microswitch closures or touchplate closure.  Can someone point me in the right direction as to where I need to start looking to re-enable the Pin state detection.

Thanks Kindly!

-todd

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 Not Detecting Port I/O After Custom Config
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 03:55:04 PM »
Config menu then Ports and Pins then Inputs is where you will set up such things as limits.
Hood