Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:22:44 AM

Author Topic: asking about mach3 programming  (Read 2785 times)

asking about mach3 programming
« on: January 03, 2015, 07:55:00 AM »
hi all
i'm new and fond of mach3 so i ask about
how to program to mach3
i mean what are the differences between brains , plug ins , cypress script ,
what are the skills i should have to begin writing mach3 codes to create tools for mach3
also what is proper to deal with the g-codes
i'm sorry if my questions are not quite correct
and hope that somebody leads me to the write way
thanks all
makcnc
Re: asking about mach3 programming
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 09:09:30 PM »
Brains, plug ins and script are all ways to enhance or expand mach3 to run on more complex machines. If you are new to cnc you likely do not need to use any of these, at least for a while.

To generate gcode to run mach3 to make a part can be done with wizards or CAM software. Some common CAM software is sheetcam, cambam, cut2d or other vectric products.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 08:18:02 AM »
i'm not new to cnc that i have built my Owen cnc router machine but i;m working on a new application that need more enhancement on controlling i found some ideas but they need to program them , then i found that's the ability to do my Owen ways by programming so please help to begin

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 02:34:16 PM »
If you say what you are wanting to do then someone can likely say which way would be best to accomplish it.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 03:20:47 PM »
i would like to connect between the z axes and the spindle to run and stop at some levels of the axes and want to add changes to the g-code and to make some actions at specified lines depending on the g0 , g1 functions in the codes