Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 11:31:04 PM

Author Topic: E-stop and Probe problem  (Read 2073 times)

E-stop and Probe problem
« on: December 28, 2014, 05:17:51 PM »
today I started my machine and have the E-Stop called for . I cannot get it to reset. The probe led is also green and I cannot figure out why. I disconnected an e-stop switch and restarted Mach3 no luck. I disconnected the wires from the moveable and stationary probe plates and the ground also. No wires connected to the BOB. Still have a green probe led and a message probe active. Before I disconnected the probe wires I did touch them to see if that would fix it . No. None of the home switch led are lit. Home X,Y,Z does not work. I now have all wires from the BoB disconnected and still get the e-stop and probe active message. any ideas where to start looking ???'

Thank You
Don
The time has come the Woodworker says to speak of many things "of routers and bits , Of wood and chips ,of paint and stains , of all these things

Offline TPS

•  2,505 2,505
    • View Profile
Re: E-stop and Probe problem
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 02:07:32 AM »
Don,

you have to figure out to witch pins the e-stop is connected and
set them in ports and pins configuration screen.

Thomas
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.

Offline mbele

•  58 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 05:16:32 AM »
Hi,
I had similar issue the other day, when I couldn't get Mach out of e-stop. Pin settings/wiring were all OK. I had to rebuild xml file from default one - creating a new profile and copy all the settings from my customized/faulty xml. But I don't think that such errors happen just randomly, I usually get weird Mach behavior after changing pin settings (eg. motor output), and restarting Mach used to fix the problems so far.
Mihael
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 02:18:44 PM »
Well I do not know what caused it but I set all the pins involved back to inactive and 0. Then one by one I redid activating to devices and it seens to be fixing the problem.
I am rewiring tie Home switches and will auto set them when I am done. Hope this fixes it.

Don
The time has come the Woodworker says to speak of many things "of routers and bits , Of wood and chips ,of paint and stains , of all these things