Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:41:19 AM

Author Topic: Isolation Routing PCB's and Local System Rotate.  (Read 50846 times)

Re: Isolation Routing PCB's and Local System Rotate.
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2013, 09:48:13 PM »
You certainly can.
The camera plugin (I use WebCamPlugin version 2.12) runs in a separate window and has cross hairs in the center.
All you need to do is centre the start point in the camera view by jogging the mill and the either note down the DRO numbers or zero them. Then jog the mill to the next point and read the DRO's.
You get the X and Y distance. If you want the straight line distance when X and Y both change then you just need to use Pythagoras triangle theory to calculate that distance.

The closer the camera is to the surface the better accuracy you will get.
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2018, 04:53:26 PM »
Well, so I'm late to this party.  Found this topic a week ago and was thrilled that Tweakie.CNC has shared this webcam feature.  I gathered up a USB endoscope, Tweakie's button macros and K.Dietz's webcam driver but was wondering whether in the years that have passed if there is now a more preferred webcam driver available.

Thanks

airnocker

Everything depends on everything else

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2018, 02:16:09 AM »
Klaus was working on a new version last time I looked, perhaps check out his website http://www.kd-dietz.com/klausphp/pages/ger/plugins/webcam/description/wcam_description.html

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2018, 02:25:17 AM »
Thanks Tweakie.  Been there and have his latest greatest, so I guess I have the most current.
airnocker

Everything depends on everything else