Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:58:04 AM

Author Topic: trying to finiash up my 4848 router and have encountered a probem I do not udner  (Read 5365 times)

Offline NormB

•  169 169
  • Norm
    • View Profile
when I home the router all is well until I select the machine coordinate button.  in machine coordinates all is 9 but I have these crazy numbers like -89.0988 on the DRO when unselected?  I am sure I have something set wrong just not sure what I am looking for.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Not really sure I understand but will have a go.
When you reference the machine it will set the machine coords to zero if you have the Auto Zero option chosen in Homing and Limits setup. The only occasion they will not be set to zero when that is chose, is if you also have a Home Off (offset) value entered in Homing and limits.

Regarding the work coords (ie not Machine Coords) they can be set to anything you wish, if you want them to be the same as machine coords then you can home the machine then zero each axis and that will set them to the same as the machine coords, unless of course, as previously mentioned, you have a Home Off value set. If that is the case then you can enter the number into the DRO and that will make them the same as your machine coords.
Hood

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
I would recommend that you watch the Homing, Limits and Offsets video.
Based on your other thread, I don't think you have a complete understanding of how offsets work.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline NormB

•  169 169
  • Norm
    • View Profile
I have managed to get this far now, when I home hgme machine it sets the machine coords to 0,0 however the work coords show some other number not zero.  Now if I move to another location on the table and try to set my work coords to 0,0 it's locked out I am not able to change them at all.  Now if I hit reset and trty then I am able to change them to 0,0 for the part coord and the machine coord still showsThe pointy I moved to.  For some reason I am not able to hit the zero and have it respond.  As I mentioned it's as if the button weas locked out.  I have never had this problem before it's new to me. I do not know anyplace in Mach where you can lock the DRO so it cannot be changed.

Offline NormB

•  169 169
  • Norm
    • View Profile
There is something set wrong or a configuration error here.  When I ref all home the machine moves to home both x and y.  Now I move my xy to the work piece someplace in the table.  I now move up to zero x and y the dro's are locked out and I am not in machine mode.  the only way to get the dro to allow a reset to 0 is by hitting reset then I can change the DRO to 0. 

What can cause the DRO's in part mode not to allow a reset?  Talked to Cory at CNCrouterparts and he has never heard of this either.  I am in hoes someone can figure this out or lead me in the right direction.  Maybe a rfeinstall of Mach is required, I just do not know.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Watch the videos as Jerry suggested.

RICH

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Are you trying to type a value into the DRO, or clicking the Zero buttons?

It may be due to a corrupt .xml, but I'm guessing that you're doing something incorrectly.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline NormB

•  169 169
  • Norm
    • View Profile
typing or hitting the zero will do nothing it is as the
DRO is locked
Hi Norm,
 Go to your Diag. screen and select the X DRO, enter a value and hit the ENTER key. Does it accept the new value ?
Are you using the stock screen set ?

Offline NormB

•  169 169
  • Norm
    • View Profile
yes stock screen set and No it will not reset