Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 09:24:27 PM

Author Topic: CamBam & lathes?  (Read 5220 times)

CamBam & lathes?
« on: March 08, 2013, 06:52:52 PM »
Anybody on board actively using CamBam for lathe work?  I know most of you are big on Dolphin but I can't handle the price.

CamBam have a trial version but new software is so hard for my dumba$$ to learn and I don't want to invest a ton of time if it's useless.  Most of what I need to do is pretty easy stuff that I can handle with Mach wizards but I do need something that can handle internal elliptical or parabolic curves from .dxf's.
Milton from Tennessee ya'll.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: CamBam & lathes?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 07:49:35 AM »
Cambam has a plug in for the lathe ,but when i looked at it some time ago, it was mostly experimental and functionality was limited.
You will need to go to the Cambam site and check current status of development.

You could use LazyCam for an outside profile. It dosen't provide for internal work.

I looked and waited for complete lathe software package and and after waiting a number of YEARS just bit the bullet and bought Dolphin.
Just not much out there for the lathe user. I now don't look back and should have done it years before.

RICH

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 10:31:05 AM »
I got an email saying Dolphin had changed their pricing structure, they will have two versions, one for hobby and the other pro. The difference as far as I remember is basically just iges import and maybe wire EDM or something like that.
What the prices are I do not know as I have not looked. Often you can get special deals around Christmas time but thats a while away now ;D

I have a V10 dongle I put up for sale for £50 and no one wanted so if you fancy it make me an offer via private message, it will allow you to use V10 lathe. I lost it for 2 months so when the special offer started I bought V11 and a dongle then 2 days later found my V10 dongle ;D

Hood
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 06:36:24 PM »
Who has an older version DOLPHIN Lathe for sale?

grtz
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 09:35:40 AM »
I bought Hood's Dolphin v10 referred to above; thanks Hood!!  Sorry, but even though I curse & scream at it often (most likely due to my own ignorance and not a fault of the software) I wouldn't sell it.

I haven't seen anyone else that has an older version for sale cheap but I'll keep my eyes open.  I could use another Dolphin owner to share info with. ;D
Milton from Tennessee ya'll.