Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:32:09 PM

Author Topic: Home/Limits  (Read 22608 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Home/Limits
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2014, 03:45:00 AM »
lavalais

If you do not have physical home switches then you will not see the Home switch LED on the diagnostics page.
The only way you can home without switches is to move to a known location and press the RefAll button, that will set the machine coords at that point.

CliffL

By homing you set the machine coords, they will zero if you have Auto Zero chosen and have Zero for your Home Off.
Your work coords may be different but if you want them to be the same then you simply home the machine then you can zero the X Y and Z work offsets by pressing the zero button at the side of each DRO. Your work and machine coords will now all be zero.
Hood
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2014, 10:26:23 AM »
Hood, you are a great help. Thank you. Now I have a little more work to do to figure out how to get Bobcad V26 to generate the proper g-code. You have saved me day's worth of trial and error.
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2014, 11:17:39 AM »
Hood I have pulled up a file to cut out a sink template. Started the cycle and it does not run correct. It's like Mach 3 is not reading the g-codes correct.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2014, 02:27:05 PM »
attach your xml and the code and if possible a screenshot of what it is meant to look like.
Hood
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2014, 02:20:17 PM »
Hood, Ok i dont have physical switches, can i home the machine other than bringing it to the workobject  and zeroing everything out.  I tried ref home but the only axis that moved was the z and it went to the stop and staye i had to press the stop button it does not move onto the next axis.    Also is there a way for me to zero the work offsets along with zeroing the machine at the same place  I pretty much do very small work in the area of 30-40mm mostly for artistic purposes.  I'm managing but feel theres a lot yet to know for controll of the machine.
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2014, 03:15:14 PM »
Hood, I figured it out thank you. I can now produce what I need as soon as I find the correct post processor for my machine. I have what I need I just need to figure which processor I need to install to generate the correct g-code.
Thank you everyone here has been a very big help and when I get into trouble it's nice to have someplace to go.