Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:39:10 AM

Author Topic: need advice to re-start a job  (Read 2989 times)

need advice to re-start a job
« on: December 18, 2014, 02:28:56 PM »
Hi,
I was running a job an a chip blew. Change the chip,  Now I want to re-start were the machine stop. How would I go about it. A had finish a roughing path and was almost completed  the finish path, had maybe an hour to go.
The axis are all at home right now.
Can someone tell me how to proceed. it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a bunch

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: need advice to re-start a job
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 09:56:14 AM »
It will depend on HOW you set up the job in the beginning and IF your homes are accurate.

DID you Home the machine from the beginning?

DID you move to a point of origin for the start of the part ?? Then Zero the XYZ to that point ??

Mach3 has a Run From Here function. IF you have accurately set teh machine to the exact coords to start then select the LINE# that you wish to start from then push the button. A popup window will show and ask to to verify IF the curre nt PATH back to the starting point is safe to do. If so then press cycle start and away you go.

IF you did your part then mach3 will rapid over to the spot you need to restart at and away it will go. JUST REMEMBER that it will restart at the END of motion of the LINE# previous to your restart point. MOST PEOPLE get surprised at that but there is no way to restart otherwise.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 10:29:23 AM »
BR549,
After replacing the blown chip I put the machine manually back to the starting point, confident it's accurate for the purpose.
Yes move to the point of origin and zeroed all axis.
Seeing what you are saying should I start from the previous line?
thank you for your advice I will execute the run from here program.

capable

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 11:00:03 AM »
The reason I mentioned when it actualy starts from is IF the last move was to the bottom of a hole somewhere and you go to restart from a different location unless you tell Mach3 otherwise it will GO directly to that spot even IF it has to plow through some material to get there(;-). IF you take a good look at where you are and where it will go to then you can see IF there is something in the way.

Just something to remember, (;-) TP
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 01:15:26 PM »
BR549
I had written down the co-ordinates of all axis before manually zeroing them. Your advice work like a charm.

T.Y. BR549 and from Gatineau, Québec, Canada have a Merry X-Mas

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 01:48:53 PM »
AND a Merry CHRISTmas to you as well.

(;-) TP