Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:47:27 AM

Author Topic: Mill Rectangle Spiral Z Step  (Read 5344 times)

Mill Rectangle Spiral Z Step
« on: December 17, 2014, 11:05:43 AM »
Is there a plan in the future to add a Spiral Z Step option to the Rectangle mill? It would be nice to have the option to do a ramp mill like in the Mach3 Wizard, especially when the option already exists for milling circles in the Mill Wizard.
Re: Mill Rectangle Spiral Z Step
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 12:53:02 PM »
It does a spiral or helix ramp when cutting inside or outside the line or pocketing. If you do a groove is does a zigzag ramp to depth. What more are you looking for?
Re: Mill Rectangle Spiral Z Step
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 01:27:07 PM »
In the Newfangled Mach 3 Wizard, when milling a circle or rectangle cutout, there is the option to cut inside or outside the shape and to either use a plunge cut or a ramp cut for each z step specified - moving to the depth and then cutting the circle/rectangle; and ramping downward while cutting the circle/rectangle at a rate of one Z Step per pass of the cutout respectively.

So far in the Newfangled Mill Wizard, with milling circles and rectangles, there is the option to cut inside, outside, or groove (which is a nice addition) and with circles there is the option for either a plunge or ramp cut, but only the ramp angled plunge option for rectangles.

I'm looking for the option to spiral cut downward when cutting rectangles, so that if I do not want to cut extra material while the tool is spiraling to the correct depth inside/outside the rectangle, I do not need to manually calculate the toolpath and use the groove option.