Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 09:26:37 AM

Author Topic: Csmio/IP-A drives  (Read 20863 times)

Csmio/IP-A drives
« on: December 10, 2014, 04:08:48 AM »
Ok guys getting ready to dive into my first cnc build.
The machine is a supermax ycm 30. With a old dynapath system 10. Servo are good but 1 of the drives are bad.
So to use ip/a I know I need the drives to be analog. That's were the problem starts I'm Having trouble finding drives for my motors. And will work with the ip/a.
Motor are Baldor. With encoders
100vdc.(but 1 says 150 max v) it was a replacement
Motor. The Baldor site says 100 vdc)
Current cont. 6.13
Peak current 24.7
Anyone have known of drives that will work?
Thanks
Csmio/IP-A drives
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 05:58:05 AM »
Check out Granite devices.

Alan

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Csmio/IP-A drives
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 05:35:45 PM »
AMC will also likely have suitable drives.
Then there is also Axor

Hood
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 07:40:33 PM »
Thanks guys will check them out.
 question how critical is the output vdc does it have to mach the motor (100vdc)
And the same for current cont. And the peak current.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 03:59:37 AM »
Voltage gives   RPM and current the torque, so the drives want to be a reasonable match but its not an exact thing.
For example if your motors are 6 amps continuous then you want to get a drive that is capable of at least 6amps continuous output, having one that can produce more is ok as the motor will only draw what it requires.
With the voltage then that is basically controlled by your +/-10v scaling, you would set the drive to have the max voltage you want at 10v. Obviously the drive would have to be capable of at least the voltage you require at full scale.
Most drives can take a range of input voltage and whatever you put in will be near the max the drive can output (minus losses).
Some drives can take AC mains in but the output again will be determined by the scaling of your +/-10v.

Hood
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 04:43:32 AM »
Thanks hood.
 questions for the ip/a  should it be set up in torque mode?
Or velocity mode?
In torque mode the the feed back (encoders) go's to the ip/a
And not the drive is that right? And no tach is used
So in velocity mode encoders and the tach go's to the drives?
Little lost but trying to get my head rapped around it

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 05:04:29 AM »
Debate is open as to whether torque or speed mode is best, I think the consensus falls more to speed mode.
Regarding the encoder/tach issue, it will all depend on the drive, for example most AC servo drives take encoder input for commutation and velocity feedback and they have a pass through output for feeding the encoder signal on to the control.
If your drive only takes tach input then you will take the motor encoder to the IP-A but it will not matter whether you use speed or torque mode you will need to feed the encoder back to the IP-A as that is what it uses to close the loop. You could of course fit a separate encoder or even use glass scales for the IP-A feedback but usually you will just use the motors encoder or the drives encoder output.

Hood
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 05:39:50 AM »
The drives I was considering are AMC 25A20.
Think it can take both encoder and the tach.
So if I get this right I only have to run the encoder back to the ip/a And not use the tach at all.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 05:51:50 AM »
Your drive and the IP-A both need feedback.
I would have to look at the specs of the drive but it will need feedback of some sort, whether that is encoder or tach/halls  I am not sure.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 05:53:51 AM »
Ok just had a look, they require tach feedback, so if your motors have a tach and encoder then you would take the tach to the drive and the encoder to the IP-A.
Hood