Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 05:07:00 AM

Author Topic: StepmasterNC 4 axis controller, Any info?  (Read 7303 times)

StepmasterNC 4 axis controller, Any info?
« on: July 21, 2009, 04:15:57 PM »
Hi All,
 I bought from EBay a mini mill that had been rigged with three stepper motors in place of the handwheels, it was badged "Jewelmaster". With the mill came a Stepmasternc 4 axis controller and a few sheets of paper. I was unable to do anything with the mill at the time (2007) and have only now started working out how to operate the machine. I have lost the paperwork! can anyone let me have a scan of the paperwork for the stepmaster please? I have opened the controller box and see there are some dip switches. I suspect the controller can be used "as is" but I would rather check before connecting. I intend to use Mach 3 when I do start working, assuming I don't blow anything up.

Can anyone tell me why I can't use a laptop with Mach3 and this controller? Several people including the seller said not to, but didn't explain why.
Re: StepmasterNC 4 axis controller, Any info?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 06:31:34 PM »
 ::) Guess I should have looked at page one for the laptop problem!!

still worried about the stapmaster 4 axis paperwork.
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 09:04:43 PM »
Have a taig that originally had the Stepmaster controller which I fried one evening (don't ask) and have since replaced.  But, I held on to the StepMaster data (just didn't clean out my files - again).

Let me know if you are still interested and I will scan the docs.  Can't fax but can e-mail if you need them.  Actually, there is not a lot of information that came with the machine.

Bob @ BobsShop

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 03:31:57 AM »
Hi Bob,
Yes please!! An email will do fine.
As you say, there wasn't much with mine, just a couple of sheets.
I am struggling as a newbie to use the forum and am not sure if you can get my email address, if you can't let me know here and I will publish it.
Paul.
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 08:00:02 AM »
Paul, your e-mail addie is hidden.  Let me know and I will shoot you what I have.  I have been working with the Taig for couple of years now.  Amazing little machine.  Pleased with lot of the stuff I have turned out with it.  It has its limitations, but for a hobbiest with no production schedules and time on his hands it has been fun.

Bob@BobsShop
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 01:24:25 PM »
Ok Bob, I just assumed you could get it from here.
I am
 paul@g4osj.freeserve.co.uk
Initially I want to just do some engraving and I also have no pressing schedule. However, I have been hanging about with one thing and another for too long. Time to get started.
Paul.
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 01:23:46 PM »
I know that this is an old thread but I am getting my Taig up and running under Mach3 and I have a 4 axis StepmasterNC, but the board is silk screened as AlienCNC, and I need the pinout for the parallel port cable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.