Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:09:05 AM

Author Topic: Download lazycam...having problem with importing a DXF  (Read 14502 times)

Re: Download lazycam...having problem with importing a DXF
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 09:19:23 PM »
Hi, Brian here is a dxf saved with bobcad Ver. 2007
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 10:49:19 PM »
It opens here great... what Rev of Lcam are you running?
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2007, 01:36:55 AM »
Hi Brian, i downloade the latest Lcam  ve. 2.05 , does not work here, can you send me a copy of the Lcam you are using :-) ,  bobcad say's it does not work, ???

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2007, 01:56:24 AM »
Hi, All

Tryed it hear, LC 2.05, TurboCad V8, BobCad V18, no Joy.

Rino opened it, Saved it as acad 2000 & R14, Loads in LC now.

Hope this Helps, Chip
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2007, 02:24:54 AM »
Hi  all,  yes the file opens in most other cad programs, but will not open in Lcam saved from bobcad Ver.2007, if opened and saved from another program even bobcad ver.21 or lower , to 20 ,  then it will open in Lcam,,  a dxf saved from bobcad ver 2007 will not open in Lcam,  you cannot save a dxf in 2007 unless you have a dongle for the program, i have one,  the dxf will open in Lcam saved with most other programs, and also will open lin Lcam when resaved with bobcad v 20,21, and turbo cad V 12 or lower,and other cad programs,  my question is  why not open in Lcam when saved from bobcad ver. 2007 , this is for Art  and Brian,, ??
thanks for all replys,    regards : Bob
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2007, 02:45:55 AM »
It is odd that I am not having a problem opening the file... Chip also can't open the file... If I send it to Art I think he will be able to open it :( This is when the black magic comes out and we may have to do a file open dance to find the problem :( I hate when I have to start dancing! I am no good at it!

We will see what we can find...
thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 03:10:05 AM »
Hi Brian,, you will get good at dancing    lol ,   the dxf only when saved from bobcad ver2007 will not open in lcam,  if opened with and saved from another cad program is ok then.  My problem is more with bobcad,   they say it does not work either, I thought i would run it thru you guys  for a try,  i can import  the v2007 dxf into another cad , and just resave it and it works in Lcam. I am not stuck without options, i just wanted to know if it was possible to use bobcad V2007  dxf's and directly have Lcam  import it, i can resave the dxf in another program then it works fine,  is a long way around of doing things,
Dancing is not that bad either :-) ,,     
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2007, 09:29:42 AM »
Can you post the file again to be sure that I have one that was made with bobcad 2007? I would like to get this fixed :)

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007, 10:18:41 AM »
Hi, here is the dxf saved with bobcad V2007,   Lcam works great for me except for this version of dxf's
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2007, 12:11:41 PM »
should it look like this :)

it opened here no problem :(

www.machsupport.com