Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:26:20 PM

Author Topic: Optimisation exe ?  (Read 4566 times)

ynneb

Optimisation exe ?
« on: February 25, 2006, 01:09:44 AM »
Is it possible to make an optimisation exe.
Manually making all the changes can be a real bore.
Surley it could all be done with an EXE file ?

Is there anyone who knows how, willing to make one. It would be a good service to many.

Re: Optimisation exe ?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 07:48:22 AM »
Benny what are you looking to have Optimised?
I would like to have one that will help me take advantage of all the time in a day  ::)

Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

ynneb

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 04:37:01 PM »
Sorry I should have been more specific.
I was refering to optimising XP for Mach3.
I notice a lot of the time people are refered to the optimise list in the support section.
It would be good if they could just download and run an exe that would do this, instead of having to manually change the registry and other sections.
I know it can be done, but just dont know how to do it.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 07:57:55 AM »
The problem with that is that you need to do only one or 2 at a time, to make sure your PC doesn't become unstable. I've read quite a few posts from people who have done all the optimisations and found that their PC will no longer boot.

And, for most people, with a clean install of XP, they shouldn't need any of the optimisations at all.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

ynneb

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 11:33:10 PM »
Good point Gerry, In actual fact I did the whole lot in one bash and it did cause me problems as I remember.
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 12:43:01 AM »
Maybe the executable can have a list of the optimization steps, and you could just put a check mark one by one, until you feel confortable with the optimization.
I dont know if I explaind myself but i will try to summarize below:
You run the exe which is like an installer, on the screen the exe shows a list of each step in which you can put a check mark on the first item and tell the exe to do that step, then run it again and go to the second step, tell the exe to do that step and so on and so forth.
Just an idea
Regards Fernando
PS maybe the exe can undo the steps too, so if by doing for example step 5 the computer becomes unstable, you can run the exe again and tell it to undo step 5

ynneb

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 03:36:03 PM »
Another good thought Fernando. A step by step change and an undo as well. I like the way this is evolving.