Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:13:20 PM

Author Topic: Opening tool screen from NF  (Read 10879 times)

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Opening tool screen from NF
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2014, 04:44:52 PM »
The latest 2010 screen does work properly with the NF Wizard, and the Tool Table window opens up, and works. The screen set that did not allow the Tool Table to function had one difference- It had been modified with background colors using MachScreen.

Sounds like a bad .xml

I don't use the NF wizard, and I hadn't seen this thread, but as Ron said earlier, when you load a wizard, the 2010 Screenset is unloaded and gone, and should have no effect on the wizard operation.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2014, 05:11:01 PM »
Thanks Ger:

That makes sense.

John

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2014, 05:28:14 PM »
Well, it makes no sense to me, but I am glad you fond it. Unless you made a background color that somehow obscured the tool window. Did you try opening the Material window in the first NFS screen? That uses the same VB code, just with different data.
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2014, 04:32:30 PM »
Hi Ron:

I just tried the material window in the original "Problem" screen set, and the selection window opens up OK. I have not had time
to play with background coloring on the replacement screen set that works, but it does seem the xml for that particular screen set is the problem.
I will do some Machscreen coloring, and find out for sure in a couple of days.

John

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2014, 08:01:34 PM »
The xml  has been the source of some very strange problems in the past. I guess thats why Mach4, and the NFSmill wizard use ini files instead of xml.