Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:59:00 AM

Author Topic: I need HELP… Please  (Read 5786 times)

Re: I need HELP… Please
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2014, 08:20:27 AM »
Dave,

What do you mean it did not help?  What we need is to identify where is the problem coming from.  What exactly did you swap? What happened?

I understand you have one axis that is faulting.  We need to understand what is causing the fault.  You need to swap connections until you identify what is following the fault.  Please swap:
- Cables from the breakout board to the driver.
- Driver to motor (power and encoders).
- Motor on axis, as it could be a mechanical thing with the axis.

I can take a look at your files, but I am not sure there would be anything evident there.

Arturo Duncan
http://cnc4pc.com
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2014, 09:44:19 PM »
Hi Arturo,

Thanks for the reply,

What I mean by “it didn’t help” is that after swapping the cables it made no difference to the fault condition.

I have swapped over the all possible connections in an attempt to find a continuity or mechanical fault. I just ordered another Break Out Board and a simple axis drive to do some more diagnostics.
I’ll let you know how all that goes. 

The strange thing is the driver and axis work perfectly if I control them directly with the servo configurator software. Once connected to the c32 they fault immediately. Have you had any similar issues with the C32?

I’ll send my set-up files via your email address and get your opinion too.

Regards,

Dave
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 07:08:15 AM »
Dave,

Yes, I understand that swapping does not fix the problem.  We are not swapping to fix the problem, but figure out where is the fault coming from.

I understand from what you are saying that the fault is following the driver.  That if you put a different driver on that axis it does not fault.  Please confirm this is the case.  If it is the case, please save the configuration driver that you know is working ok and copy it into the driver that is faulting.

Let me know how it goes.

Arturo Duncan
http://cnc4pc.com