Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:31:28 PM

Author Topic: mach 3 troubles  (Read 2767 times)

mach 3 troubles
« on: December 03, 2014, 04:38:25 PM »
I have a Shopmaster Elderado. As once in the past. my machine refused any commands. After Hood looked over the XML. He said mach3 was corrupt . to uninstall it and download again. It worked quite well for a longtime. It has stopped again so I deleted the software,  then scanned the computer twice and downloaded mach3 .  It still refuses all commands..

I had ran the first two operations of his G-Code but had to quit a week waiting on a loose tap holder to arrive

Help Please

attached is the xml and the last G code I ran

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Re: mach 3 troubles
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 01:48:03 PM »
Have you physically shut everything down? Disconnected the PP cable while powered down, then reconnect everything? Do you get any axis movement via the jog or hot keys? Steppers resist or get warm?
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 03:02:45 PM »
I have disconnected all plugs and reconnected these. I did gain movement to the X Y Z axis but no spindle or speed control. I am attaching a wire dia. What wires control spendle movement and speed control? ?

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 03:26:24 PM »
Pins 7,8 & 9 on your BOB control the VFD, Pin 5 & 6 are used if you have directional control (fwd/rev) in Mach. Nothing in your wiring has changed to make you suspicious of it, is there?
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 03:28:13 PM »
I would go into the Mach screen first and verify how the spindle is controlled and that all settings are correct before I even contemplated a wiring change.
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 04:38:15 PM »
wasnt thinking of wire change..just a power check in and out