Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:30:22 PM

Author Topic: Tool Path Display too small  (Read 7028 times)

Tool Path Display too small
« on: December 02, 2014, 09:59:22 PM »
Hi

I haven't been on the forum for some time because the program has been working wonderfully. Normally when I load a code, a preview of the tool path for the cut object will appear in the top right corner, allowing me to check orientation of the wood and to do a perimeter check with the router to make sure I don't bump into anything (hold downs etc). A few days ago, when I loaded the code, the image preview was just a tiny dot on the screen and the work envelope appeared to be massive. It was a small piece so I wasn't worried, the cut ran as i programmed it and I was able to make due. Now I have a larger cut to do and I need  the larger preview back on the display. Does anyone know how to do that or what I may have done to make that happen? I use vectric vcarve 5.5 on a machine that operates XP as an OS. An suggestions on what to try or where I should look would be most appreciated.

thanks

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Tool Path Display too small
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 10:13:19 PM »
Click on the display MODE button.

(;-) TP
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 05:06:39 PM »
thanks, I think I tried that, but I will try it again. Hood asked for screen shots. These are the two display screens I use.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 01:53:54 PM »
The table view (dotted lines) is determined by your soft limit values, have you altered them recently?

If you press Display button so that it goes to aprt view rather than table view then it should zoom into the part. You will have to press regen after you press the display button.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 03:44:03 PM »
If I did alter my soft limits, I didn't do it on purpose. hahahaha. I tried what you advised and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the help again.