Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:05:52 PM

Author Topic: Limit and home switches possible?  (Read 2295 times)

Limit and home switches possible?
« on: November 23, 2014, 09:43:31 PM »
My bridgeport came with axis+, axis -, and axis home switches and would like to use them all. I am planning on using shielded alarm cable and running it on 24vdc. I am using a ESS and c32 BOB and think I am going to use a c27 to use for my limit switches. This will allow me to use port 1 pin 11, 12, 13 and port 2 pin 16. So, if I run all my - limits in series, all my + limits in series, and home switches in series I think this will work? How does mach3 do homing, does it move one axis until it finds home, them moves the other until it finds home, and then the last axis until it finds home? If so, it should work, right? I don't have a ton of inputs available, but can have more if I also buy a c10 bob (might do it anyways to open up port 3 for more inputs). I really want to do this right the first time.

thanks in advance for any helpful input :)
Re: Limit and home switches possible?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 10:32:13 PM »
I don't know how to edit the post, so I will update. I only wired my z limit switches, which there are two, one for -, and one for +, but just started on the y and looked closer at the x axis and they only have one. So I guess I can wire all my limits in series and hopefully the homes in series?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Limit and home switches possible?
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 04:48:57 PM »
Yes, you can wire all limits in series and only use one input. Obviously if you hit a limit ALL will show in Mach as being hit but that doesnt matter as you can visually see by looking at the machine which switch has been hit.

You can use the Limits as Home switches if you wish or you can have separate home switches, if using separate home/limits then you can either wire all Home switches in series or have them individual.
I am not sure if the ESS supports Index homing now or not, but if it does, and you have servos, then probably a better idea to use the Home switches as individual inputs.
Hood