Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:25:40 AM

Author Topic: Axis disabled after one cycle  (Read 2424 times)

Axis disabled after one cycle
« on: November 04, 2014, 02:31:41 AM »
Hi,

After some tinkering to get my DMM-Tech servo system running on my Bridgeport, I created and ran a simple 2-axis program to mill an L-shaped slot. After pushing the CYCLE START button, the machine moves like it's supposed to and the program will rewind (because of M30). However, if I hit the CYCLE START button again, the X-axis DRO will update (as if the machine is moving) but no movement of that axis. The Y-axis will move just fine. I also cannot jog the X-axis  at that point. The only way I've found to make the machine work properly for the next cycle is to trip the RESET/ESTOP button.

I'm running a Smoothstepper, if that matters.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Joe
Re: Axis disabled after one cycle
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 11:24:55 AM »
I should add that the RESET button never gets tripped during any cycling of the program. I have to manually trip it and then again to reset for the next cycle to be able to run properly

Thanks,
Joe

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 04:54:05 PM »
Sounds like your drive may be faulting. Is there any way for you to see if that is the case? Fault LED on drive or similar?
Hood
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 01:01:17 AM »
Hood,

Thanks for the suggestion but the drives are not faulting. The RESET button is not tripping and the green drive status lights are persistent. When the drives have faulted in the past from bad tuning, etc, the RESET button will trip and the status light will turn red.
My next test will be to measure the Enable line voltage at each breakout board connector. My workaround for this short production job is to just remember to trip the RESET before each cycle start.

Definitely a head-scratcher.

Thanks,
Joe
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 03:29:31 PM »
Okay, I'm an idiot. I had "Turn off all outputs" after an M30 call checked. Clear and present danger is over... :)

Thanks for the reply, Hood!

Joe