Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:05:36 AM

Author Topic: XHC Mach3 4-axis control card  (Read 27878 times)

XHC Mach3 4-axis control card
« on: November 04, 2014, 12:51:07 PM »

Hello,

I have been looking to upgrade from parallel port to using USB port. The XHC 4-axis motion control card looks interesting to me because my mill is set up for 24v controls.
I have been looking around but I have not found much information about the cards. Does any anyone have any experience with these motion controllers?

Following is a link to the controller I have been looking at.

http://www.automationtechnologiesinc.com/products-page/breakout-boards/cnc-mach3-usb-card-xhc-mk6-4-axis-motion-control-card-usb2-0-interface-wshell

Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: XHC Mach3 4-axis control card
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 05:00:37 PM »
Hit or a miss with any of the Chinese stuff, some people manage to get them working, some people find that the features they require are not implemented in the plugin etc etc.

The CSMIO/IP-M is 24v I/O but likely a bit more expensive.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 09:07:10 PM »
Just took one of these out of my machine and replaced with a CMIOS-M.  When I was debating changing mine I saw that Automation Technologies had started carrying them.  At that point in time they didn't have plugin information posted on there site.  They do now however, and there plugin version is a newer release than the one I had. I believe that a lot of the issues I had were plugin related. I've had good luck with that vendor in the past and they may support it.  I'm finishing up the retrofit now with CSMIOS-M and couldn't be happier with the results thus far.  One by one I'm checking my previous problems of the list.  I would definitely check them out.  Not to mention there is a lot of support on this forum for the CS Lab products.  Good Luck!!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 05:59:49 PM »
I have been using the XHC mach3 cards for awhile, the older versions have had many drivers written for speed, offset and probe failures, I have the newest of there cards and its rock solid, the only problem I can find is when using stop on keyboard, after resetting the board won't repond and has to be restarted. I have done 3d files that were 32 hours in length and many that were over 24 hours.
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 08:26:53 PM »
Dan,

Glad everything worked out for you. That is some nice work!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 01:27:28 AM »
Hello, professor burnout,
This is Alex He from ChengDu XinHeCheng technology Co.,Ltd. We are the only manufacturer of "XHC" products.

Our products including CNC wireless usb remote control, Mach3 motion control card, Mach3 wireless electronic handwheel and remote control.

If you have any question or need these products, kindly contact me for more.
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 12:30:06 PM »
I have the XHC 3 axis board.  Just purchased from Automation Technologies back in May and have it hooked up to my Taig mill and using Mach3. 

Initial setup was difficult due to initially receiving bad plugins.  The link to download the latest version was down (still is as I am typing this post) so I had to call them directly and have them email me the correct plugins. 

I have an issue currently that happens 10% of the time at motor start where the Mach3 status line at the bottom of the screen will give me a message that the XHC board is not connected and the mill will then stop completely.  Have to reset Mach3 or less frequently close and reopen Mach3.  I suspect that it may be noise or a bad motor relay that causes this and it only has occurred right at M3.  I haven't pegged blame on the XHC board. 

I have a Leafboy77 board on the laser and it has been so far totally bulletproof.  If the XHC board ends up being bad, I will replace it with the Leafboy77 board, it will be a direct swap in and out swap. 
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 01:33:08 PM »
And another issue with the XHC board.  When jogging you can press an arrow, then another, then page up, but...if you let go of one button, the other two axes stop.  For example... press +X and it moves, then while moving, press +Y and then while moving, press page up (+Z).  Well, if you decide you have moved enough in +Z and let go of the page up key, the other two axes stop requiring you to repress the arrow buttons.  No finger dancing on the keyboard to jog.  Just a quirk that takes some getting used to, then again there probably isn't a CNC component of any sort that works like it ought to, be it interface boards or software or whatever. 

CNC seems to be more of an exercise in tolerance.  Tolerance in measuring as well as tolerance for quirks. 
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 01:39:47 PM »
Ah and again I post.

The motor startup M3 issue occurred just now, seconds after I posted my last message.  The Gcode scrolls by until it hits M3.  The motor shudders off and on several times (relay not closing fully) and the message "Is the XPod inserted OK? It has ceased to respond."  Still don't fully blame the XHC board, it may be the relay itself.  Just have to do some figuring.  Just frustrating having to keep my fingers crossed when M3 scrolls by. 
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2015, 01:41:48 AM »
If you guys have questions, please kindly contact our after sales- service engineer, Mr Jiang.
His Contact information as follow for your reference:
Email address: 517202913@qq.com