Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:35:57 PM

Author Topic: MachTurn F DRO  (Read 3971 times)

MachTurn F DRO
« on: April 01, 2007, 08:21:37 PM »
I'm running version 1.84 of MachTurn. I like to use U/rev feedrates and usually need 3 digits to the right of the decimal for typical feedrates I use. The Feedrate DRO seems fixed with only 2 places to the right of the decimal point and so my feedrates show 0.00. Is there an easy way for me to change this?

terry

Hood

Re: MachTurn F DRO
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 02:00:39 AM »
Look in the Mach3 folder, find screen4.exe, open it . Then in screen4 go to file, open and browse to the Mach3 folder, choose the Mach3Turn.lset
 Once you have the screen up double click on the DRO you want to change and you will see a box with something like %4.2f in it, change the digit after the . to a 3 so that it looks similar to %4.3f
Save then exit screen4 and open Mach turn, your DRO should now have 3 digits after the decimal.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 02:42:53 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I didn't have a Screen4 in my folder but I found it on the downloads page. I extracted the files to my Mach foilder, ran it and then selected the .lset. But I then get a small box with a yellow exclamation point saying 'screen4' and the program seems to hang. Am I doing something wrong?

terry

Hood

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 02:43:58 AM »
Try downloading it again
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 03:07:51 AM »
Evidently the available version of Screen4 somehow isn't compatible with 1.84. I downloaded 2.060 and it seems to work with that version OK but not with the 1.84 I'm running on my shop machine. Guess I have to decide if the FRO is important enough to upgrade. - Thanks

Hood

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 03:10:28 AM »
ahhhhhhhh OK well I will send you the older program, it was called Mach3screen.exe and should allow you to do the same, check your email in a few mins.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 03:23:16 AM »
While I was waiting for your email, I reloaded the latest version of mach on my office computer and used Screen4 as you said to make the FRO changes and then saved the new lset file. Then I replaced the 1.84 lset on my shop computer with the modified lset. So far seems to work OK. Do you see any reason why this might cause some other problem?  Thanks.
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 08:00:41 AM »
That should be fine :) Good work!
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com