Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:57:48 AM

Author Topic: ESS lost communication with computer and Mach3  (Read 8315 times)

ESS lost communication with computer and Mach3
« on: August 26, 2016, 08:53:42 AM »
Hi everybody,

My ESS was originally run okay for a month. After turning it and computer off last night as usual, it can't start up this morning.

It can't communicate with computer in Mach3, with message of some sorts 'can't communicate in wake up mode.....'.  By doing following actions but is still in vain:

>turning off the Windows firewall.
>reinstalling the Plugins.
>checking the IP and subnet mask addresses and all other settings if they are same as before when it could work.
>by operating ping, not succeeding for 10.9.9.9, with tmeout replies,  but 10.9.9.2 okay.
>during connecting with power and LAN cable, right angle upper right green LED blinks fast, Ethernet jack orange and green LEDs blink.
>When I connect the pins on config. jumper socket together, the right upper green LED blinks slow, long on and long off. Still, communication not succeed...
>On-board green LED blinks all the time.
>change to another 5v cellphone dc supply.
>By doing above works, all ports cable are disconnected with only power and LAN cable connected...

Can some help and advise what's problem my system encounter or anything I did wrong...

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: ESS lost communication with computer and Mach3
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 09:25:50 AM »
I had an issue which was possibly similar after I allowed my laptop access to the net – I think it downloaded and installed an update. Since then it has been a dedicated PC which operates with my ESS.
I know it’s ‘passing the buck’ but Andy will know the answer so my advice would be to post your question on the Warp9 forum. http://www.warp9td.com/index.php/kunena/recent

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 10:12:45 AM »
my ESS links to an old type desktop computer without connecting to internet and just in a plain Windows XP system.  I installed and set up plugins and Ethernet connections manually instead of SCU ? software. It worked before but fails now....

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 10:18:26 AM »
Perhaps run through the SCU, it makes the setting-up so easy http://www.warp9td.com/index.php/documentation/doc-scu

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 11:05:29 AM »
My Windows System , XP and computer hardware are too old to be run on SCU, so I switched to do it manually ....
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 01:36:40 PM »
I use my laptop to set up all again instead the desktop. After running SCU, still no connection can be made. Easy and advance modes tried, pings status goes nothing, only 10.9.9.2 can be seen while 10.9.9.9 don't appear...

Is my ESS board's inside default address 10.9.9.9 went wrong or the board hardware already damaged? Can anyone help to advise?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 01:01:06 AM »
I have never actually needed to do it but the Configurator utility http://www.warp9td.com/index.php/sw can be used to reset the IP address of the ESS to 10.9.9.9 after which you will be able to run the SCU to set-up the system.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 10:09:36 AM »
Thanks, yes, I knew this and did and succeeded. The configuration software didn't work in my laptop Win7. I later switched it back to my old WinXP desktop and succeeded.

Anyhow, the on-board IP address seemed to be corrupted overnight , ? May be gone during my switching off the board and computer?  Guessing that the sparks went thur' to on-board  EEPROM to disrupt those data.

I don't know whether it will happen again in some days and i need to do that again...

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 11:33:51 AM »
Hopefully it will never happen again (but if it does you have sussed what to do to put it right  ;)).

Tweakie.
PEACE