Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:56:57 AM

Author Topic: motor settings  (Read 11758 times)

Re: motor settings
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2014, 06:23:14 PM »
There is no toolpath that reliably exhibits the problem. thats the whole problem. sometimes i can run 2 or 3 large toolpaths and have no problems. other times it may happen only once during a toolpath run or several times. when i rerun the toolpath that had the problem it wont have the problem. i know you are trying to help me and I appreciate it and i can understand your dilemma by not being able to see the problem.

reducing my microsteps on the driver to say 1/8 which is half reduces the detail in my engraving / V carve .    How do you turn off the toolpath display?
Safe machining everyone

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2014, 02:24:07 PM »
There is no toolpath that reliably exhibits the problem.

That's just nonsense. Up your accel and/or max velocity and try a few rapids and I'll guarantee you you'll get to the point that it will stall with monotonous regularity. The question is how little would you have to increase either to make it happen. That will give you an indication of how close you are to that point currently.

reducing my microsteps on the driver to say 1/8 which is half reduces the detail in my engraving / V carve.

Do you want to try to get to the bottom of your problem or do you want to have a reason for not trying everything I suggest? You can always put them back. BTW it's VERY arguable that your 16 microsteps is giving you no more resolution than 8 but I won't go there as I doubt you'd be convinced.

How do you turn off the toolpath display?

Take a look at the diagnostics page.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2014, 07:49:18 AM »
reducing my microsteps on the driver to say 1/8 which is half reduces the detail in my engraving

Reduce to 8 as Stirling suggested.
NOTE: Microstepping a stepper greater than 10 is useless as far as resolution goes.

RICH