Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:09:23 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 end G81 with external Signal  (Read 735 times)

Mach3 end G81 with external Signal
« on: August 30, 2022, 07:29:27 PM »
Hello,

we have a two machine to drill counterbores in sheet metal. One of them has Mach3 as CNC controller.
Due to warping of the sheetmetal wie have a drillhead with down hold funktion via gas springs.
On the other machine we have a sensor on the drill head and a digital input to end a custom G81 cycle bevor it reaches the programmed depth if the counterbore is deep enough. Controller on this machine is Tekna OEM software.The concept works realy fine (tollerances +-0,1mm), that is why I want to stay with this solution.

Now i need a methode to do this on the Mach3 software.
Can you give me some advice how to archive this?
It doesn't have to be a solution with G81.

Info:
Mach3 R3.043.066
IO: CSMIO_IP

Best regards
Torsten
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 07:31:54 PM by wirehead »
Re: Mach3 end G81 with external Signal
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 06:25:02 AM »
Hallo,

can i wait in a "while loop" for an input and stop the G81 with G80 if the input went "True"?
Or will G81 (or a G1 motion) continue to his end?

Best regards 
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 09:31:32 PM »
Hi,
the only issue I see with a While Loop is that there is a delay.

Lets say the motion controller detects an event which is determined to be a command to halt the drill cycle at the current depth. Most motion
controllers will report back to Mach but at somewhat of a delay. For instance the default reporting rate of an ESS is 40Hz. So depending on when in the cycle
the event occurred it could take up to 25miliseconds to signal Mach. Mach would need to decide what to do and then issue trajectory data frames which have
to propagate through the motion buffer which could easily be several hundred milliseconds to effect the command

If the drill is advancing at a fair speed would a 1/4 second delay be enough to 'over drill' the hole? If it would screw it up then a While Loop wont work.
In fact a While Loop is a simple example of feedback, and you you will no have read or been told that Mach3 IS NOT a feedback controller....and these in-built
delays are why that is the case.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 09:30:48 PM »
Hi,

and you you will no have read or been told that Mach3

Please excuse my typo...it should have read:
 ....and you you will no doubt have read or been told that Mach3......

The original post may have been misconstrued as a veiled insult, and it was most certainly not meant to be, my apologies.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'