Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:10:01 AM

Author Topic: Homing doesn't backup  (Read 2408 times)

Offline 2CVer

•  14 14
    • View Profile
Homing doesn't backup
« on: October 18, 2014, 05:39:11 PM »
Hi Folks,
I'm a newbie, just trying to setup a router for the first time. I've got all my axes moving correctly and I can jog them around without any problems. My next task was to set my soft limits and home the tool. When I press the 'REF ALL HOME' button the z-axis moves up and when the proximity switch sees the carriage the motor just stops. There is no slow movement in the opposite direction. The other axes exhibit the same behavior.

Everywhere I've read it says that the carriage should move until the switch is triggered and then slowly reverse until the switch is open (or closed) again. My machine doesn't do the reversing bit. As a result the M1Home, M2Home and M3Home indicators in the Diagnostics page are always on after the machine has been homed.

Does anyone have any idea what I need to configure to correct this behavior?

Offline rdean

•  94 94
    • View Profile
Re: Homing doesn't backup
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 08:11:00 AM »
Usually this is caused by noise in the system.  Try adding 5000 to the "Debounce" on the general config page for starters to see if this helps.
Ray

Offline 2CVer

•  14 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 10:15:57 AM »
Thanks Ray. That made a big difference. I set it to 5000 and noticed that movement seems to continue after the switch has been triggered. Unfortunately one of my axes crashed into the proximity switch - but no harm done. As a result, I experimented with values of 'Debounce Interval' and found that 500 worked pretty well. Not too much continued movement after switch trigger and the back-off was enough to extinguish the M?Home indicators on all axes. Do you know where I might find some documentation on the 'Index Debounce' parameter - it isn't explained very well in the Mach3_Install_Config manual.

Offline rdean

•  94 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 12:59:08 PM »
There should be many on this here just do a search.

Glad I could help.

Ray

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 05:28:50 AM »
Index debounce is specifically for the Index signal for spindle spead reading.
If you have an index signal input to Mach then the Index Debounce  should be kept as low as possible, preferably zero.
Hood