Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:54:13 AM

Author Topic: New Machine A Few Bugs!!!!!  (Read 4307 times)

New Machine A Few Bugs!!!!!
« on: October 15, 2014, 10:32:55 PM »
Hey guys.  Its been awhile since Ive posted.  Built my first machine four years ago and with all your guys help it was great!!!!!  Things progressed and I quickly out grew my machine capabilities.(over a period of a few years)  Hence I debated building a much larger machine myself or purchasing one.  After much debate and time being a huge factor, I decided to order a Chinese machine.  I saw the machine in person before I ordered and felt very good about the mechanical soundness of it.  With mach3 being viable option it became a no brainer for me.  I knew there would be some issues to work through, but after setting one up from scratch(With the help of all of you :) I was ready for the challenge.  I got my machine last week.  It is a servo machine with an hsd spindle.  The usb control board is an XHC-MK3 and the spindle is driven by a Delta VFD. I built my own pc and set Mach3 up on it.  The manufacturer sent me an xml file, but it was in metric.  Spent a few hours on the web but finally found the plugin file that I needed for the external motion controller.(New machine usb not parallel port like the one I built)  I converted the xml file from mm to in, loaded all the plugins, and had manual motion much quick than I expected.  Had several issues with homing.  Finally went to single stage homing vs dual in the plugin in file and it quit blowing past the home switches.  Only axis I could run dual stage on was Z.  Still pondering over that one.  After calibration and soft limit setup I was finally ready to run a test program.  Slowed everything down and away I went.  Next set of problems!!!!  Spindle starts comes up to speed, program takes off,  and somewhere in the process the spindle just stops!!!!!  No input flickers on diagnostics screen.  Output to spindle is still showing on.  Tonight I done a couple of tests.  I turned the spindle on manually and just let it run.  After that I started jogging each axis manually to see if I could make the spindle stop.  The whole time I was watching the diagnostic screen for flickers.  I originally thought it could be interference, but never saw anything.  All servo cables are shielded and grounded as well as the spindle cable.  The spindle would stop after jogging awhile.  The output for the spindle remained on.  I did notice that when this happened I temporarily lost jog function of the wireless pendant as well.  I put a wireless pendant on the machine I built, but preferred the original shuttle setup I had much better.  It just didn't last long when being bounced on the concrete a few times.  I am going to attach my xml and the plugin file for the bob.  At this point I feel like I've missed something in the settings or there are some issues with the plugins.  I have realized that after four years I am not as familiar with all of this as I once was.  I haven't dug in to any of the vfd settings either.  I do know for a fact that there have been problems with the bobs on some of these machines.  I have no problem with upgrading to a better board, but don't want to start jumping to conclusions until I'm sure that I have not missed something simple.  Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.
Re: New Machine A Few Bugs!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 10:41:14 PM »
Sorry Guys!!!  Here are the files!!!!

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 05:57:02 PM »
The spindle would stop after jogging awhile.  The output for the spindle remained on.

Why is the spindle stopping if the output for the spindle to run is still on? Sounds like you will need to put a meter across it and get that narrowed down to begin with.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 08:12:00 PM »
Brett,

That was my plan tonight.  It was very late when I posted.  I did receive some new files and plugins from the machine manufacturer last night.  I used everything that they sent me and I believe I have more problems now than I did before. >:(  I am debating on changing the bob on the machine with one that has some more support.  I replied to the machine manufacturer, and believe that they sent the wrong plugin, but I am running out of time to get this done.  Are any of you guys using the XHC-MK3 usb bob?  I saved all of my original set up files, and if I get time tonight I will change everything back and put a meter on the spindle out of the board.  Thank you for your help.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 11:07:08 PM »
Are any of you guys using the XHC-MK3 usb bob?

I think this is the first time I have ever heard of it. I have no idea if any, some or all of the problems you are having are coming from it or not. Of all the people I have heard from that used the cheap knock offs from eBay (or similar)..... I don't think a single one of them would do it again.

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 09:30:41 PM »
Brett,

After much double and triple checking, I'm going with CSMIO/IP-M  from CS-Lab.  Can't wait till it gets here. Thanks for the help.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 08:09:51 AM »
Good choice.  :)

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 02:10:51 PM »
Had some help from Hood!!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 07:33:09 PM »
Hey guys!!!!  Just wanted to do a follow up. I've completed the retrofit with the CSMIO-M and the mpg module. Added new power supply,enable relays on servos, and built a new pendant. Also fixed some other wiring issues I found along the way. I've ran the machine for about twenty hours now and couldn't be more pleased.   Every issue that I had originally is gone. Hats off to CS-Labs for a great product. MPG is as smoothe as silk. Special thanks to all the people that replied to my posts,and pointed me in the right direction!!!!!