Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:48:48 PM

Author Topic: I'm an imbecile  (Read 2135 times)

I'm an imbecile
« on: October 07, 2014, 04:37:35 PM »
 ::)  Oh good grief.....
     I bought a CNC router a few months ago, didn't have time to do much with it until now, but did fiddle with it enough to know it was all set up and configured.

Then ignored it for a while, come back, and the axes aren't moving...  I suspect I've somehow trashed the xml file, and no, of course I don't have a backup.

Since this is a home made machine I've got no documentation.  So...
How do I go about either recovering the xml file (vague wish) or figuring out manually how to configure the thing?

Re: I'm an imbecile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 04:39:36 PM »
Oh, for completeness - the only change in this time that I know of is this morning I couldn't get it out of 'estop activated', and finally found the switch for it and set it active low (there is no estop on the machine, instead there's a power kill that just drops voltage to everything), and am now wondering if I reset all the settings when I did that.
The other thing I did was buy a license, and install the license file. 8c/

And FWIW it's parallel port 1, I can see the driver board and see where wires go, it's a simple 3 axis servo setup.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 04:58:27 PM by Anniepoo »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 06:02:54 PM »
You will find a folder in the main Mach3 folder, it is called xmlbackups, look in that for a recent file with the name of the profile you have been using. Copy it to your desktop and change the file extension from XB*  TO xml then copy and paste it to the main Mach3 folder. It will ask if you want to replace the current xml, you should say OK. You can then start Mach and you should be back to where you were.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 06:20:33 PM »
Thanks! 

3 <-- Annie's butt, which Hood has saved!    8cD