Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 03:55:18 PM

Author Topic: How to backup Mach-3 parameters and settings  (Read 13579 times)

How to backup Mach-3 parameters and settings
« on: September 29, 2014, 04:28:55 PM »
Is there a way to make a backup of the parameters and settings of Mach-3. I'd like to reinstall it and be sure that it will be exactly the same after.

Sent from my phone with
Tapatalk
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 04:46:13 PM »
Just found the answer. Hood posted it some time ago!

Copy the xml for the profile you use, for example if using the default profile it is called Mach3Mill.xml and is in the main Mach3 folder. If you have tool tables or offsets or custom macros then also save the macro folder for your profile. Any non standard screen then you need to save the .set for it and also any bitmaps associated with it.
Also dont forget to keep a copy of your licence file, its in the main Mach3 folder and is called Mach1Lic.dat.

Sent from my phone with
Tapatalk
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 04:46:59 PM »
Thanks Hood!

Sent from my phone with
Tapatalk

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: How to backup Mach-3 parameters and settings
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 12:45:59 AM »
This is from the FAQs page. The FAQs page is an often overlooked gem.  ;)

What Mach3 files should I backup?

At a minimum, any license files and profile XMLs (as well as any custom macros, screen sets, or brains used by those profiles) should be backed up. In practice, it may be easier to keep a current backup of the entire Mach3 directory as this ensures everything necessary to rebuild the system should be available in the event of a catastrophic failure. The definition of a current backup is one that has been done after any permanent changes have been made to the software to alter it from its previous state. This includes such things as changes to any licenses, macros, screen sets, brains, or plugins as well as the modification of any configurations. We recommend using a USB flash drive or some other portable storage device as the backup media.

http://www.machsupport.com/help-learning/f-a-q/
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!