Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:54:12 AM

Author Topic: from ncstudio to mach3  (Read 2710 times)

from ncstudio to mach3
« on: September 22, 2014, 03:33:46 PM »
Hello I bought a router cnc machine from china (I also have rotary axe to add manually to this machine if I need it).
I had serious problem to do work with ncstudio.
Now I would pass to mach3 because almost all people use mach3.
Please I attach photo of machine, could you say to me how to do to pass to mach3?
If I have to add more photos? And What is first step to change in mach3?
I have to change breakout board? Or what?

Please consider that I know well how to mount a pc, but I have never seen before components of a cnc....
Please if you can, you would do a very great favour.

Thanks in any way
 :)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 03:35:34 PM by giuly »

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
Re: from ncstudio to mach3
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 05:17:31 PM »
you need to replace the bob (break out board) with one that's pp or Ethernet (not the nc one its *********) get something that is made to run with M3 or M4 it will make life a lot easier something like an ESS to a bob or just a bob.
getting a bob with Ethernet is the best way to go for future proofing your machine others will disagree I am commenting on what I have done.
there are a lot of ways you can do it it just comes down to money.
I rebuilt one machine with an ESS to a mb06 bob to gecko drivers it works very well, (when it wont s to I have an earth fault in my shed somewhere that's a different story all to getter)

also check that the steppers are what they say they are I had miss labled steppers it took a long time to work that out.

your wiring is more than like non shielded wires it would be a good idea to replace your wiring with shielded wires my opinion.

I get a lot of parts from http://www.automationtechnologiesinc.com/ I just email them my requirements they recommend what I should get they have been correct every time for me.