Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:02:55 AM

Author Topic: help lazycam to G code  (Read 7808 times)

help lazycam to G code
« on: September 16, 2014, 10:10:47 AM »
ok, here's what i got totally new to CNC world.
i having issue using lazycam to put out the right G code for mach 3.
my table is set
Max Min
X 399 0
Y 568 0
Z 0 -73
so when it home it will be left hand bottom corner and the spindle at the highest point of the Z axis

here's the what i did please let me know what i did wrong.

i use autocad to draw up a cut in MM
i loaded it up with lazycam
first thing i did were reset origin and optimise.
then i group all the holes togather so 2 groups. one group is the holes and one group is the rectangle. the holes are with in the rectangle.
i click layer to set my tool. the tool i have is 6.35mm dia. once i selected the tool i send to all layers.
for the cut rapid height i set it at 6.35 cut start 0 cut depth 6.35 then i send to all layers.
here's my first question, i want to set the holes are cut inside of the line and the rectangle is cut outside of the line. how do i set that?
second, i set the mach 3 to run with soft limits. i must did not do something right because when i start the cycle, it show me softlimit warning. if i do continue, the spindle was way up on the z axis instead of down where the material is.
i can see in the G code, z 1.000, how/where do i set up so the lazycam can code it correctly or do i have to debug the code everytime, that just dont seem right.

i attached the dxf and the g code.
sorry kinda long read, looking forward to my first cut.
any help will be greatly appreciated.
thanks

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: help lazycam to G code
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 11:18:34 AM »
Sorry to say this but LazyCam is probably not the best tool for you to be using. The unlicensed version of LazyCam does not handle tool radius offset compensation so the part would have to be drawn in CAD with the outside dimensions 'tool radius' larger and the holes 'tool radius' smaller to achieve the desired results.  :(

A better solution would perhaps be to use a different software such as Vectric Cut2D (or similar) which would automatically apply tool radius compensation to the generated Gcode.  ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 02:44:34 PM »
cut2d will output G-code for mach3?
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 03:43:28 PM »
i dled the trial version. only save as crv file. also export only dxf, ai & eps.
am i missing something?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 01:43:30 AM »
The trial version of Cut2D does not let you generate Gcode from your own files only the sample files provided by Vectric (this is all explained in their documentation).

Perhaps, as an alternative you may like to consider the free program G-Simple.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 07:07:34 AM »
first thing i did were reset origin and optimise.
- Sugggest that you group machining operations in CAD by placing them on different layers with
  the name of the layer making sense to you for the operation.
- Put the origin of the drawing in CAd where you want it and you can skip the resetting of origin by having LC
  default to as drawn and optimise it upon loading ( See SETUP settings )

- Have a look in the LC manual which can be found in Member's Doc's for setting of the Z height / cut depts.

As Tweakie noted offsets are only provided for in the licensed version. You may also want to try Cambam.

RICH

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 11:52:25 AM »
a lot of people recommanded cut2d, i just bought the cut2d. it's a very easy to work with, i can set anything i wanted.
thanks