Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:08:14 AM

Author Topic: Conversational Wizard/Screen set for Mach  (Read 30397 times)

Re: Conversational Wizard/Screen set for Mach
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 08:30:48 PM »
The Circle Wizard is zipped up in my first post in thread.
Thanks

Offline ataxy

•  31 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 08:38:54 PM »
graver do you intend on sharing the screenset you made i would like to try it out

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 10:17:12 PM »
 Let me do a little work on it and I will post it tomorrow. It is basically customized for my use but others may like it. I don't have a spindle control on it. I have a 3 axis router and a 2 axis mill/drill that I control with this set. Right now it is just 2 screens. The main one on page 1 and the circle routines on page 2. I haven't made any of the other screens normally found in the standard set. I have found that I never go to them so they haven't been a high priority to me. I also use a laser cross hair for setting xy zeros so there is a zero setting script for it. There are also probing routines for the AutoZero z axis toolsetter which I use. You can also probe to the edge of a part in 4 directions or probe for the center of a hole. Just let me clean a few things up first.
Andy

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 10:50:04 PM »
Andy,
I created a directory for your wizard in MACH>Addons. The  wizard opens fine in Mach and can add values but
won't post code.
What else do i need to do to make it work? New at this.
Thanks,
RICH
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2008, 10:58:42 PM »
Let me take another look and see what I can find Rich.
When you are working on these things you end up with 500 versions all over the place. I may not be running the same one as you. I will get back to you.
Andy
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2008, 11:23:53 PM »
Ok Rich,
 I downloaded the Wizard set that I had previously uploaded and after looking at it I realized that I had left out the macro that runs when you hit the post button.
I am attaching it here by itself so you don't have to redownload the whole set again. I also went back and edited the the oringinal attachment to include the necessary macro.
I should also edit it again with an instruction sheet  ::) so everyone will know where things go.

In any case add this macro  "m700.m1s" to the macro directory within mach. Normally these scripts would just be attached to a button but I had problems doing it that way. I think the script is too long for a button and must reside in a macro script which the button calls.   whew!!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 11:41:44 PM by graver »
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2008, 11:45:50 PM »
OK...One more time >:(
I have messed this up about three times now.
I have edited the first post once more. Please redownload it. It should be right now.
I have added a short installation  readme.
I had also forgotten to put the wizard files in their own folder which is necessary.
All should be well now.. ::)
Let me know if something else becomes a problem.
Andy
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 12:39:04 AM by graver »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2008, 12:06:58 AM »
Thanks ANDY,
Had me really scared there for a while as i am not used to having something work right the first time. ;)
I'll let you know if i find something. Couldn't let it go, read a book on quality "I Know It When I See It"
so i saw it :).

RICH
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2008, 12:42:09 AM »
Ataxy,
 I have edited the earlier post to include the screenset files for my screenset.
You will need to edit the script under the "laser zero" button before using it. It is setup with zero offset at the moment. Meaning, if you hit the button it will zero at the location of the tool not the laser cross hairs.
Andy
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 12:48:37 AM by graver »

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2008, 09:27:01 AM »
Andy, you do beautiful work, your screens are gorgeous.   

May I ask what you use to make them?

Thanks for sharing - :)

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)