Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 04:13:27 PM

Author Topic: Arduino Charge Pump Code/Sketch?  (Read 11674 times)

Re: Arduino Charge Pump Code/Sketch?
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 05:05:12 AM »
because its too big too fit in my package, and teaches me nothing.

simple enough?

good.

You'd have been better off using a PIC chip, smaller and faster and available with a wide range of onboard I/O and memory options, if you only need the basics you're not wasting space or power, programmed in assembler too, so total control of the hardware with no wussy high level programming, then you'd really have to learn something ;-)
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2014, 11:26:08 AM »
You'd have been better off using a PIC chip, smaller and faster and available with a wide range of onboard I/O and memory options, if you only need the basics you're not wasting space or power, programmed in assembler too, so total control of the hardware with no wussy high level programming, then you'd really have to learn something ;-)

I hope that's intended to be humorous, because if not you're rather ill-informed about Arduino vs PICs.  Arduinos will do absolutely anything any PIC can do, and for a lot LESS money.  At the low end, a $3 Arduino ProMini board has a 16 MHz Atmel AtMega 328 MCU, with, IIRC, 64KByte FLASH, EEROM, and about 20 I/Os.  It has at least as many peripherals as any PIC.  Find me ANY PIC-based board you can buy for $3, much less one as powerful as the ProMini!  At the high end, a $15 Arduino Due has an 84MHz Atmel chip based on an Arm Cortex 32-bit processor, with 256Mbytes of FLASH, and over 50 I/Os.  They can all be programmed in C, C++, or assembler, and all use the same development environment and programming tools.  There are countless public-domain libraries for doing almost anything you can think of, making Arduino one of the easiest, fastest, and most powerful embedded development platforms in history.  I've been doing embedded development since the mid-'70s, and I now use Arduino exclusively, as there is nothing out there that even comes close in terms of cost, performance, or speed of development.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 05:32:48 AM »
There are countless public-domain libraries for doing almost anything you can think of

Ah yes, that old chestnut, and if you can't download it you can get some sap to code it for you - the "Modder & Maker Generation" at work :-(
There's a difference between getting something going by cobbling together the work of others and optimising your own code, most of the bloated, resource hungry software available is the result of "Libraries You Can Download"

Each to his own, or even "Someone Else's" ;-)
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2014, 10:58:42 AM »
OK, so you can't back-up your original statement about PICs vs Arduinos....
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2014, 07:32:05 PM »
And you advocate downloading, not writing your own code ;-)
Well written code on a PIC or any other platform will out perform lazy, cobbled together, downloaded libraries on any other platform.
But as an experienced embedded programmer you must know this and not be bothered by it,
Hey, Ho,
That's the industry as it stands,
Slackers balancing on the shoulders of those they percieve as giants ;-)
Enjoy!
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2014, 09:13:54 PM »
And you advocate downloading, not writing your own code ;-)
Well written code on a PIC or any other platform will out perform lazy, cobbled together, downloaded libraries on any other platform.
But as an experienced embedded programmer you must know this and not be bothered by it,
Hey, Ho,
That's the industry as it stands,
Slackers balancing on the shoulders of those they percieve as giants ;-)
Enjoy!

Don't put your words in my mouth.  

You truly believe there is NO high-quality off-the-shelf code out there?  Must be very dark in your world.  If you knew what you were talking about, you would know there is a great deal of very good code available and that can save even an experienced programmer a great deal of time.  And, for people, like the OP, who are NOT experienced programmers, and for many of us who are, efficiency often really does not matter, as it buys nothing in terms of functionality.  The OP proved that by being able to take the FreqMeasure library and put it to use in very short order to do what he needed to do.  How long do you think it would have taken him to duplicate that functionality on his own?  That's the difference between someone who's more interested in accomplishing the task at hand than showing off.

FYI - Many, if not most, of the public libraries for Arduino WERE developed by very competent, professional programmers, and requires no optimization.  And even if it does, it can give a good starting point for those of us who have better things to do with our time than re-inventing the wheel just to prove how studly we are.  The fact that you believe otherwise is a clear indication of your level of knowledge about Arduino.  

Given that you seem to only want to play the troll and argue, rather than have a useful exchange of information, leaves me no longer giving a rats a$$ what you think.  So rant away - I'm not going to waste my time listening to your uninformed drivel any more.

Regards,
Ray L.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 09:16:57 PM by HimyKabibble »
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2014, 09:24:15 PM »
children put your toys back in the cot
get back on task what the poster wants to do i.e. a switch

Offline ZASto

•  423 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2014, 06:33:06 AM »
Hey, guys, please do not try to make this topic a pissing contest.
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am.
My attitude depends on who you are.
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2014, 05:33:08 PM »
In the 48 hours that mach support felt needed to "teach me a lesson" i already authored my own code and got it working fine.

Marris Freimans charge pump design is bulky and noisy. Not to take anything away from him, but he even points this out in his instructions.

I ask a question about coding arduino, and get the reply buy different hardware.

Yet i am the one who is rude for not accepting such off base off topic answers?

I have lost all interest in using Mach3. There are other solutions out there without a fanboy attitude when it comes to questions being asked. Every question i have asked regarding Mach3, on any forum, i have gotten a reply with someone trying to sell me something. I don't want anyones junk, i am in this to learn this, for myself.

The point of asking a question is for others with experience to weigh in. If the correct way to do everything was to learn every aspect of everything that an assembly needs, no one would ever achieve anything.

Its called working together, take what you know, add it to what i know, and in the end have something new to enjoy.

But since i asked a question on writing code, apparently that makes me some idiot hack.

Im sure you can step into my shoes and do my job just as well as I. What a poor poor stupid hack i am.

fyi i didnt download any code. i was given code that was authored for me, and it didnt work. so then i took it upon myself to learn the coding so i could do it entirely myself, and not have to ask questions where i get such rude replies…an on top of that a 48 hour ban for putting up with your crap.

And mach thinks this is how you run a successful business? LOL

You can count me out.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 05:36:19 PM by Kawgomoo »

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2014, 06:09:26 PM »
the people who had an disagreement where also told off.
this is a forum is for people to work together arguments included if someone does not like what someone says or how they say it if they say something about it that's good to, as 10 ideas may not work and get argued about but the 11 may work.
you were told of because of the way you stated your reply if you don't wont someone to now what you are doing say I wont to keep that private. (simple) that's rude.

as an example some people don't like being called disabled I don't give a rats if I am called disabled I am to some that's being rude.

also I could if jumped in a stated that TI boards are better than arduino or picks they are all the correct things to use if that's what you wont to use