Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:55:11 PM

Author Topic: Servo for lathe spindle ?  (Read 30001 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Servo for lathe spindle ?
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2014, 04:58:40 PM »
200 is definitely very slow accel for a servo and may have been an issue.

What kind of machine is it, size/ weight?
If you attach your latest xml I will have another look and see if anything jumps out as being wrong.

Still strange that one direction is fine but not the other, as mentioned earlier it almost sounds like a runaway situation that you would possibly get if the encoder was not being seen as the control would just keep increasing the voltage as it would be thinking the axis is not moving correctly.

Hood
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2014, 05:09:30 PM »
I will check the encoder tommorow...
But i think is ok.(it is not the repaired one).Andi dont get any fault from the srvos software...
And the accel corrects this...
Tasbiz
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2014, 05:11:35 PM »
It is a small lathe wabeco  cc6000.130 kgs weight...1.20 meters long desktop lathe
Tasbiz
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2014, 03:56:48 AM »
 FINALLY!!!
SUCCESS!!!
I checked the second drive's encoder this morning.Hood you were right! It doesn't change numbers both directions the same...
It appears that the second drive's output to the csmio is damaged too.Perhaps i burned that second line driver as well! I have a second chip so i will replace it and see.Problem is i was trying to setup only the first axis all the time.And i was going crazy! I thought that the drive's output (z axis) was ok there (since it was giving readings to mach but the readings were wrong.I just did a quick tune for the (repaired X axis) drive's this morning and it is working silky smooth!!! Even with 7000 motor speed in mach!After that i changed second axis line driver (Z axis) and is working perfect too!!!

Tasbiz
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2014, 05:52:01 AM »
 Now that all is working properly does anybody know what mode is better for lathe use Speed mode or Torque mode?

Tasbiz

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2014, 06:05:05 AM »
Glad you have it working now. Generally speed mode is preferred for CNC machines.

Dan
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2014, 04:50:51 PM »
 Hi everybody,
It has been a few days...
In the meantime i corrected everything and just tonight i finished the cabling!
Everything works (theoritically) as expected and all the signals are coming in and out of the controller OK.
Tomorrow the first test...
I will report accordingly..
Thank you Hood and Dan13 for all your help! Without it i would not have done it...

Tasbiz

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2014, 07:08:52 PM »
I am sure you are going to love the IP-A, I certainly do and I really want to get one on the big lathe sometime.

Hood