Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:00:10 PM

Author Topic: Do I have a problem  (Read 2590 times)

Offline 1Acnc

•  28 28
    • View Profile
Do I have a problem
« on: September 07, 2014, 01:59:36 PM »
When on the Program Run page, my my keyboard short cut keys ( the 4 arrow key and I am using A and Z for Z axes ) work to move the DRO and the motor run. If I go to the Tool Path page they stop working. I can hit the TAB key and the jog screen appears and the mouse can be used to move the motors. If I go to the diagnostics page, the hot keys work fine for moving the motor and DRO. Is this the way it works or do I  have something set wrong? The reset button is green. Using a Dell machine, with XP and Mach 3.   ???
Re: Do I have a problem
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 05:16:03 PM »
same here .hope to get a reply

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 08:45:30 PM »
You cannot jog with the keyboard from a page that does not have the jog enable LED on it.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline 1Acnc

•  28 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 11:08:33 PM »
I looked at the Tool path page, I did not find anyplace to turn on the Jog LED , is that correct? So you are saying that you can not use key board short cut keys on the Tool Path page?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 01:55:43 AM »
You could use one of the screen designers to add the Jog  enable LED to that page and it will work.
Hood

Offline 1Acnc

•  28 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 10:48:39 PM »
Thanks to all that replied.
I have been resisting learning about screens, the learning curve for this hobby is steep. CAD, CAM, Mach 3  and G_Code. I just did not want to learn one more thing. I have been reading this forum for some time and kept seeing Screen were the answer to many problems or questions.
I did not know what is was, now I do. I am going to post a little of what I learned.
Again thanks