Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:29:30 AM

Author Topic: Keyboard Plugin  (Read 7129 times)

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
Keyboard Plugin
« on: August 30, 2014, 09:34:49 PM »
Hello,
 Got Mach4 now and am starting to mess around with it. The power of customizing a screen is very nice. :)
 In the Keyboard Plugin can the axis jog buttons  i assigned, have the Mode ( Continuous or Incremental) controlled by what Mode is selected in the Jogging Tab?

Thanks,
Troy
"I try to put forth the effort,before asking a dum question"
http://homecncstuff.elementfx.com
Re: Keyboard Plugin
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 02:57:26 PM »
I also just got Mach4 up a running and set up smoothstepper.  I am trying to get the keyboard jog to work, I configured the Plugin but the button on the screen says "Keyboard Jog Off" and nothing I do will turn it on. I have the smoothstepper board disconnected does that matter?  I have checked the Icons on the lower right to make sure the Keyboard input is not turned off.  What am I missing?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 03:13:30 PM »
I also have some confusion about the keyboard jogging button, I can't seem to get it to do anything. I'm just trying out mach4 in Simulation mode atm. Any pointers on this 1 please?

Thanks

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 04:53:37 PM »
The Keyboard Jog On/Off button is not functional yet. If the keyboard plugin is enabled and configured it is on. First, enable the Keyboard plugin . Then assign the jog inputs to the keyboard for device in Config/Mach/ Input signals, close Mach and reopen then configure your keys in the keyboard plugin (they must have a name. I just named them X+, X- etc.). Then close mach and reopen again. The jog keys you assigned should now work but you can only turn them off by disabling the plugin.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 11:56:34 PM »
I still cannot get the on screen jog or keyboard jog to work, the DROs do not change.  I have configured the plugin and the input signals and restarted many times. Under Config Motors it will not let me enter any information for steps, counts velocity or any other field.  Am I missing something is any of this working in the hobby version I have Version: 4.0.1.2157 Licensed Build: 2157.  I did get it communicating with the smooth stepper board but that is all I have had any success with.  I have read through the entire manual and watched all of the Mach4 videos but cannot figure how to get much setup. I see videos out there of people machining with Mach4, is this a selected group doing the Bata testing.  Will my version move motors when I get it set up correctly?
Please Help
Mark

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 12:56:35 AM »
have you selected motion device
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 01:21:03 AM »
Yes my Ethernet Smoothstepper (ESS) board is checked as the motion devise and is active. I can run the roadrunner program and it makes the lights flash on the board. Jog does not do anything. Is their a ports and pins screen in Mach4?

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 02:16:39 AM »
yea sort off you set all your settings on the ESS then map them in M4 Mach config its in the vids on youtube
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 09:47:01 PM »
Thanks for responding, what is the specific video on how to map in Mach4.  Do the videos on setting up Mach3 work for Mach4, or is it all differant?

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 10:15:06 PM »
M4 is completely different from M3 its in the manual and the only vid`s I can think are the Darwin one yes its a different controller the mapping is the same thing for all controllers so far hoss had done some vid`s to just do a youtube search mach4 cnc