Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 01:24:26 PM

Author Topic: Spindle settings [SOLVED]  (Read 9922 times)

Spindle settings [SOLVED]
« on: January 06, 2013, 06:50:37 PM »
Hello,

Where can I find the spindle acceleration rate on the latest plugin? This is for a 0-10V analog spindle connected to a VFD.

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 07:04:13 PM by Vital System Support »
Re: Spindle settings
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 12:45:58 PM »

There is no ramp up/down logic in dspmc for open loop analog 10v spindle.  Whatever spindle speed and pulley ratio is received from mach3, the plugin transmits the corresponding voltage to the dspmc or hicon controller.  You can use closed loop spindle, but that’s too much work I think.  Your current setup should work fine.

You can launch the plugin with debug window enabled and then look for this message ‘NEW Spindle Speed…..’.  This is the notification from mach3 to change the spindle voltage.  You can check how fast it is changing to find out who is introducing the ramp up delay.  Did you check the spindle spin up and spin down delay in spindle setup in port and pins?

May be your analog input of the VFD is loading the analog output on J2 and causing it to rise slowly.  That’s a possibility.  Can you disconnect it from you hardware and put a volt meter on the analog output and observe how fast it is increasing.  Also VFDs have some settings for input command signal that will effect the ramp rate, eg analog filter, low pass filter etc.

regards,
Rufi

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 01:20:25 PM »
Your VFD should have a accel /Deccel ramp setting.

(;-) TP
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 11:55:22 AM »
Greetings
I think the problem is that you have to use the run switch on the VFD in order for the internal accel/deccel to work.

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 03:42:51 AM »
hello freinds
i have a similar problem with Acc\Dec rapm setting with BOSCH ASM 60 TA Type.

i think this VFD has no option to control Acc\Dec ramp Up/Down (has no key pad or parameters to set).

in my opinion the Bosch CC100 cotroller controls this and sets the analog voltage for the VFD.

in my case, i want to use the Vital DSPMC to control the spindles.

so how i can control the ramp Up\Down with the DSPMC.

is there any option to do that using Brains for example???
e.g. setting s=1000 then s=1500 then s=2000 ....untel the desired S=16000.

regards;
Basim

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 01:27:25 PM »
Hello Ghantos,

What you can do is write an M command that sets the increases the spindle speed overtime. Use sleeps to time the increases.

SetSpinSpeed(0)
DoSpinCW()
SetSpinSpeed(200)
Sleep(200)
SetSpinSpeed(400)
Sleep(200)
SetSpinSpeed(600)
Sleep(200)

do this until the desired RPM is reached.

you can also handle this a bit more elegantly by using system variables .

Set this in GCode:
#2000=5000   'target RPM
#2001=200     'RPM increase per sleep
#2002=100     'Sleep time in ms

Mcode contents:

targetRPM = GetVar(2000)
rpmInc = GetVar(2001)
sleepMS = GetVar(2002)
currentRPM = 0

SetSpinSpeed(0)
DoSpinCW()

WHILE (currentRPM < targetRPM)
  currentRPM = currentRPM + rpmInc
  SetSpinSpeed(currentRPM)
  Sleep(sleepMS)
WEND

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 12:35:20 AM »
hello Freind,
thank you for the helpful info.

but my question is it possible to do the same code in the SCode instead of Mcode

i mean to add the above code in the spindlespeed Macro in mach3\macros and to use the S instead of M and to get the desired RPM by GetRPM()

how can i do that??
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 06:59:41 PM »

Hello Ghantos,

S commands (like GCode commands) have their functionality built into the Mach3 engine. They are simply interpreted by Mach3 to produce the desired result so I think altering their functionality is out of the question. M Commands, on the other hand, have their functionality in the .m1s files located in the macros folder in your Mach3 install directory. M commands are a good way to place your own commands within the GCode file. As far as I know, the only way to achieve what you want is with MCodes and vbScripts.

If you want to be able to set a variable RPM (like when using the S command), you can first set a Mach3 variable to hold the desired RPM, then call the M Command. Inside the MCode file, you can just look at the Mach3 variable that you just set and work with it  that way. The function "SetSpinSpeed()" is the same as calling an S Command.

Set this in GCode:
#2000=5000   'target RPM
#2001=200     'RPM increase per sleep
#2002=100     'Sleep time in ms

< Call M Code Here>

Mcode contents:

targetRPM = GetVar(2000)
rpmInc = GetVar(2001)
sleepMS = GetVar(2002)
currentRPM = 0

SetSpinSpeed(0)
DoSpinCW()