Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:04:58 PM

Author Topic: Continuous Jogging mode with arrow keys doesn't work  (Read 2829 times)

Continuous Jogging mode with arrow keys doesn't work
« on: August 16, 2014, 08:26:48 AM »
Hello,

as a newbie I've just configured my lathe and successfully machined my first part. But I've still a problem with jogging with the arrow keys. If I go to manual mode, switch "Jog on", nothing happens when I press the arrow keys. With "Jog inc" the axis moves, but not in continuous mode. What do i wrong?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Continuous Jogging mode with arrow keys doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 01:14:42 PM »
Seems to work fine here in simulation. If you attach your xml I will see if there is anything obviously wrong in it.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 07:25:49 PM »
I have the same problem in simulation mode with the default xml file. If I press any arrow key, the feedrate jumps to 0 and jumps back to whatever is defined if i release the arrow key. And if the feedrate is zero, then the axis doesn't move. But is there any other feedrate for jogging? Or any option?
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 09:45:27 AM »
There're two seperate issues here - sorry. Why the default file doesn't run, doesn't really matter. I redid the complete configuration from a blank new file and it worked fine until i used the external MPG. So, my problem is how I return from MPG jog mode to keyboard jog mode?
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 10:05:04 AM »
Problem solved! The "Jog Mode" button actually toggles and includes MPG jog mode on/off, but that is not shown. Now I just have to modify the surface and include a "Jog MPG" LED.