Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:30:19 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 2 x 3 2 x 3 axis, driven in the same time. Is that even possible?  (Read 2523 times)

Hi to all

I'm planning to build a machine with two milling spindles, each mounted on its own coordinate system (X, Y, Z   ;  A, B, C).
With such a structure of the machine,  I want  to process at the same time, two different contour on one workpiece.
Of course, the G-code for each contour need to be  independent, but both should be implemented  at the same time.
Is such a thing possible?

Thanks to all!

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
I suppose it is possible - you can certainly move all 6 axes at the same time but then the feed-rate will be blended so all 6 finish the current GCode line at the same time. Overall, with two different contours, it may be slower than just using one spindle for the whole job. I can't imagine what type of post-processor you would have to use to create the GCode.  :)

Tweakie.
PEACE
Hi

I know it is possible in this way, but this is really inappropriate and too complicated.
In my mind, I had two separate - independent  G-codes (such as subroutine) that would be implemented independently, but at the same time. Each will control  three axes (the same as if I have  together two computers and two 3-axis milling machines)
I want to build a machine that would be highly productive, but this can only be if could process both of the contour at the same time.
It's a bit complicated matter ..

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Two different GCode programs could be run alternately but not both at the same time.

However, it would be possible to have two instances of Mach3 (and two computers) which are synchronised (perhaps using interrupts) so they both work together.

Tweakie.

PEACE