Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:42:37 AM

Author Topic: DMC-21x3 on large CNC retrofit, any benefit to upgrading to a newer controller?  (Read 2794 times)

I'm retrofitting a 1980 Matsuura MC500V mill with 16 tool ATC.  Have a DMC-2183 here I've been learning on, wondering if it would perform well in this app.  Mostly 2.5D milling but certainly some 3d profiling mixed in from time to time.  The cost of upgrading to a newer 41x3 econo or 40x0 Accelera is not a major consideration, just wondering if there would be any discernable performance or other benefit to going with the newer hardware?  Steve (smurph) has the exact same machine on a 40x0 running 500 IPM rapids and seems to be very happy with it. Anyone used the 21x3 or similarly spec'ed hardware on a big machine and have some feedback? I'd definitely rather spend the money up front and not regret cheaping out later, unless the 21x3 is more than capable of handling it without bogging down.   Thanks for any opinions or experience, Michael from Birmingham.

BTW, I've had no luck finding prints for this machine (M5G Yasnac control).  Methods Machine has prints for this machine with a different control.  If anyone has the correct prints I'd be happy to pay for a copy of them. 
   Never mind about the schematics.  Turns out Methods does have prints, they just call the control 3000G. Found a small print in the cabinet door that has 3000G on it instead of M5G like the badge on the outside of the cabinet.  Prints on the way!