Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 05:32:46 PM

Author Topic: X and Y jog fine but will not move for gcode program UNLESS Reset is pressed  (Read 1051 times)

Hi everyone,

I've looked everywhere online for a solution but nothing gives.

I'm running Mach3 on a Windows 10 laptop with a UC100 motion controller and DM542T stepper drivers.

My X and Y axes got upgraded to new steppers and drivers. They jog fine, respond to soft limits as you'd expect. However, if I try to run some gcode the Z moves but the X and Y stay still. It's possible that they are moving a miniscule amount and there is a change in sound, but no visible moves. And this is where it becomes a little unique: If I hit reset while the code is running, reset again and then start cycle again, it runs exactly as expected. Everything was working fine until I installed the new steppers, but not sure if that is the issue or something I did during the upgrade/reconfig in Mach3.

So far I have tried:
running on 400 steps, then 800, then 1600
running gcode that I know works
running with one driver disconnected
running with the other driver connected
running with extremely low speeds and accel
using a different, completely fresh profile
tried a different kernel rate
installed mach on a windows 7 computer, but the same thing happened.
then I installed it on my other newer windows 10 computer and it works beautifully.

I would happily just use the new computer but it's not mine, belongs to my employer.

Any ideas anyone? I've been fiddling with it for 4 days and am close to throwing in the towel and going with UCCNC.

Thanks!

Does anyone have

« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 05:10:26 AM by bengun »
Ok one second after posting this I realised that there was one more step I could take, and now the issue is fixed.
I copied the profile created on the new computer over to my old computer. It makes very little sense to me as I tested with fresh profiles on the original computer and the windows 7 computer. I manually set the same settings for each profile: ports and pins, motor tuning, general config, home/limits. For some reason the default profile on the newer computer works fine while the others don't. Argh/Yay.