Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:54:36 PM

Author Topic: NFS Addins for Mach3Mill Questions  (Read 13784 times)

NFS Addins for Mach3Mill Questions
« on: January 16, 2006, 01:14:58 AM »
I had a couple of questions on the Addins:

I am currently on Mach3 release version R1.83.038

On "Cut Rectangle" 1/8' dia mill, cut outside, 2.00 length and 1.625 width, part came out 1.75 x 1.375, I tried it a couple of times, let me know if you want the posted code.

also on "Cut Rectangle", is there any way to suppress the leadins?

Would it be difficult to add a Triangular pocketing wizard in conversational?  Maybe specify the 3 vertices and choose inside or outside?

And finally, as you improve the addins, what is the process for updating? is it to download the newer version of Mach3?  The current version is 1.83.046 are there already changes in the newer release?

Thanks, the support you guys give your products is spectacular to say the least

Randy
Re: NFS Addins for Mach3Mill Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 01:21:40 AM »
As I am thinking about it, rather than just Triangular pocketing, could you do polygonal pocketing, where the user can specify the several points (in order) and cut multisided or irregular shapes?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 08:22:37 AM »
That is a good idea... I will look into adding a triangle:)
I will be adding in the multi point milling (connect the points with lines) and you would be able to use it to cut anything you like.

You can't stop leadins in Cut Rectangle because it is using cutter comp. But it will keep do the comp moves over the part if you press the "GROOVE" button on the screen.

There are updates to the Mill addons and you can get them by downloading the newest version of Mach 3 and I did updates to cut rectangle.
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 12:54:07 AM »
Great, I'll update....Thanks Brian!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 07:47:38 PM »
Is the newest version 1.84?
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 07:51:19 PM »
am I correct in assuming the NFS are in mach allready all you have to do is get a lisence for it?  might be a stupid question but I am still at the stage of figuring out the settings to get my motors turning

thank you

Rob
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 07:56:00 PM »
1.84 is the release and Yes the NFS wizards are in the install (If you didn't uncheck them on install)

Hope that is a help
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com