Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:25:55 AM

Author Topic: mpg and mach 3  (Read 5340 times)

mpg and mach 3
« on: March 19, 2007, 09:45:36 AM »
i am having problems with using an mpg and mach 3. i can get it to work properly and it works well, but mach 3 will intermittently switch itself off, or switch axis on its own. for instance, i can select x axis to jog with mpg, and crank along forward and reverse but the software will switch itself out of the selected axis on its own, kind of slip into neutral until i select the axis again. i have tried different versions of mach 3 , same proplem. mpg is connected to opto isolated breakout board, pins 13,15.
Re: mpg and mach 3
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 08:49:41 AM »
That is odd... I have never seen that. The only thing that I can think is that you have a hot key set and you don't know it
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Hood

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 06:36:31 PM »
I posted a few days ago but its been lost in the forum move, anyway might be worth connecting up a different keyboard just in case the one you have is faulty and swapping axis by using a hotkey without it being pressed.
Hood
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 08:57:26 PM »
thanks for your suggestions.switched keyboards, same problem.  i neglected to say that i have an ipac that i used to select the mpg axis. i had posted about random estop problems and was directed to some messages about ipac noise problems. i did not know that they are noise sensitive. i disabled the ipac and works flawlessly.trying to solve this problem led me to solve the 2nd parallel port issue that i had also.i will install .1 uf caps on the ipac as suggested to me .

Hood

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 05:51:29 PM »
Had problems with an ipac as well, what I found the problem to be on mine was that the solder on the metal housings of the PS2 ports had parted company with the board, a quick touch with a soldering iron to remelt and it has been great since.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 07:55:32 PM »
Don't use the Ipac with the MPG ...  I am not a fan of the Ipacs as I have had a few give me a very hard time with noise and so on :( I think the Mod IO is a better way to go.

Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 10:09:50 AM »
installed the caps on the ipac, no problems. ran the roadrunner  file  10 times with no estop tripping.