Hello Guest it is April 29, 2024, 07:21:34 AM

Author Topic: GREX & MACH General (Possible stupid Questions)  (Read 3266 times)

Offline mhdale

•  130 130
  • Knowledge is the Treasure.
    • View Profile
    • Black Dragon Technologies
GREX & MACH General (Possible stupid Questions)
« on: March 17, 2007, 03:48:40 PM »
Hello All, I have finally taken some initiative and tried hooking up my GREX to see if it might address &  fix some of my systems issues. I followed the instructions for setting up the GREx and most everything seems to have worked as it should have... I cannot get the GREX to respond to the test file as described in the easy setup guide from gecko, I have loaded the proper firmware and such I can PING my GREX but Mach says it cant find the grex... I had tried to create a new MACH installation for the grex but when I ran the latest update for mach3 it didnt update the directory I told it too... should I be using mach3 or quantum for testing the grex?

Thanks....
p.s. Is there the simpletons guide to setting up your grex?

Mike

Offline mhdale

•  130 130
  • Knowledge is the Treasure.
    • View Profile
    • Black Dragon Technologies
Re: GREX & MACH General (Possible stupid Questions)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 04:03:08 PM »
Me again,
I DID manage to get Mach 3 up and It FOUND my GREX! YAY! It says initializing and then it says error 9991.... It boots me out of mach at that point... any suggestions?
M

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: GREX & MACH General (Possible stupid Questions)
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 04:22:34 PM »
Do you have the latest Mach3, the latest G100 plugin, and the latest firmware installed from the Geckodrive Yahoo group? You might want to read the last few days messages on the Yahoo group, there's a lot of G100 info there.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 04:27:04 PM by ger21 »
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html