Author Topic: Purchase timing?  (Read 2428 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline JesperWe

  • Holding
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Purchase timing?
« on: May 07, 2014, 12:09:39 PM »
I am looking at what S/W to use in a new mill build.
Mach4 is coming, but it will not be an upgrade from Mach3.
I prefer not to have to pay twice.

So what is the best thinking for a guy like me?

Should I wait for 4?
or forget about 4 and go for 3?
or can I buy 4 now and get a temporary license for 3 until delivered?
or should I just shut up and pay both?

/j

Offline Brian Barker

  • Administrator
  • *
  • Posts: 3,517
    • View Profile
Re: Purchase timing?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 08:38:59 AM »
At this time I think we are going to be able to put out Mach4 for pre-release sale, we neet to be 100% sure of the controllers.
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline JesperWe

  • Holding
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Purchase timing?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 09:02:21 AM »
Thank you, but you will have to pardon me, because I struggle to make sense of this sentence.
The "we neet to be 100% sure of the controllers" make it sound like you forgot a "not" in the first part?

(but if M4 comes up for pre-release sale I'll put in an order  ;) )

Offline Ya-Nvr-No

  • Active Member
  • Posts: 971
    • View Profile
    • Ya-Nvr-No
Re: Purchase timing?
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 09:45:49 AM »
I think what he is letting you/us know is that unless you/we have a device that works with Mach4, buying it would be a premature purchase. Because if you buy the software (it gets locked to a computer) and if that computer is driving a controller not supported, you have a working copy that wont move your machine.

Offline Brian Barker

  • Administrator
  • *
  • Posts: 3,517
    • View Profile
Re: Purchase timing?
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 09:59:48 AM »
What I am saying is that we want to be 100% confident that you are going to be happy when we get a release out with motion.... As soon as we are confident we will allow license to get purchased.  Now for Hobby you can have more then one machine so I don't see the locking to a PC as an issue..

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Ya-Nvr-No

  • Active Member
  • Posts: 971
    • View Profile
    • Ya-Nvr-No
Re: Purchase timing?
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 10:20:08 AM »
Other than the guy creating all the Hobby licenses  :(

I thought that Hobby was all that was available at this time.

Does that mean we can get a Hobby license for each computer we have? We just provide a list of the PC ID's?    Gotta love that.  :)

Can/Will the Hobby version and the Pro version occupy two separate folders, and have their own individual license?

Or can a laptop/portable device have multiple controllers and be moved from one CNC machine to another just rename machine.ini file for each?

Offline Brian Barker

  • Administrator
  • *
  • Posts: 3,517
    • View Profile
Re: Purchase timing?
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 04:46:08 PM »
This will all be on the webpage as soon as we can.
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Fastest1

  • Active Member
  • Posts: 927
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Re: Purchase timing?
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 11:13:18 AM »
With M3 you could have it on as many machines as you desired. Will M4 be different in that way?
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline ger21

  • Global Moderator
  • *
  • Posts: 6,146
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Purchase timing?
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 11:20:12 AM »
For hobby users it will be the same.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html