Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:39:34 PM

Author Topic: Screen Set Ideas  (Read 183745 times)

Re: Screen Set Ideas
« Reply #260 on: December 27, 2014, 11:32:06 AM »
Thanks, I'm having fun.

Now the other thing you can do is embed images into a wizard and use them as a popup display for visual help. These can be captured right off the web or use photographs you have for setups, training or reminders. No reason you cant create a series of images to use with forward & reverse buttons.
« Reply #261 on: December 28, 2014, 06:12:55 PM »
Learned a lesson today from Art, thought id pass it on to all you closet coders.  ::)

its called an Iterated function (where it calls itself, Also called a re-entrant function)

I tested it by writing a short series of functions that read and display the unsorted array (a list of numbers), Sorts it, repacks it and then redisplays it.

But the code is kind of a cool way to see how arrays, bubble sorts and functions work; run it or step thru it to learn.

put in the wizard folder.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 08:30:02 PM by Ya-Nvr-No »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 28, 2014, 09:38:56 PM »
What did he say???

NOW IF you had showed us a new way to Gcode a program  or run a cool sub routine OR setup a VAR routine that would be cool (;-)

(;-) TP
« Reply #263 on: December 28, 2014, 09:53:06 PM »
Those are the kind of things I get paid good money for ;)

I'm just trying to kick a few of you in the programming genes.

Showing you what can be done, when you spend less time whining  :P
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 10:09:41 PM by Ya-Nvr-No »

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 28, 2014, 10:11:33 PM »
good work Ya-Nvr_No do what ever you wont it all help

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 30, 2014, 12:58:19 AM »
Craig you can US  kick in the genes or the jeans you CANNOT make a programmer out of everyone.   IF you could then LINUX CNC would have taken OVER the DIY CNC world MANY years ago. (;-) Might want to leran that lesson.

IF Mach4 does not come out as developed as a normal CNC system "should be" it will suffer the same fate as LinuxCNC has. Only a few will be able to Program it at the system level with LUA.

The MAJORITY of users are hobbiest not system level programmers. They are looking a for basically a TURN KEY system not somthing they HAVE to program with a high order language. Heck the learning curve is HIGH enough as it is WITHOUT having to learn a NEW language Just to be able to do what they want.

They need an ADVANCED Mach3 not another LinuxCNC.

Been there seen it all before, (;-) TP
« Reply #266 on: December 30, 2014, 02:37:33 AM »
I could care less to convince you or anyone else to be programmers, I'm just showing what can be done, for the ones that want to learn some new abilities. Its obvious that Mach4 is not going to be for all or many. That is I suppose unless you buy into a turnkey system provider, like machmotion or wait for someone to develop a system your willing to pay more for. I'm too old to just be mean and ornery any longer, I left my stress with working with people that don't care or have no direction in life.

Again its obvious to me that Mach3 is not going to be upgraded or probably ever bugged fixed. As the powers to be seem to be looking more for industrial retro-fitters to step up to the plate and sell a system with support. Mach3 does most of what the hobbyist ever dreamed of and more, stick with that. I'm sure I will still use it for years too. That does not mean I am not going to learn new skills and do what I can with the limited skill set I have.

Far as LinuxCNC, most fight with using their home PC let alone make them figure out how to work in a whole new OS.

No idea why you feel you have to poo poo something and put it in my thread, If you want to bitch please find somewhere else to share it. :-X

I'm just having fun and learning something new. Hell I don't know, but looks to me Mach4 might go either way, but after 6 years of waiting, going back is not happening for ArtSoft. And knowing what it takes to create a user interface for it, you will be waiting along time before you find someone providing free screen sets. Hell, maybe Brian and his support team is writing you one now. Go beat him up Please.  ;)

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 30, 2014, 02:51:17 AM »
yes its hard to do if anyone did the time Craig put into learning lua you would be at the same place he is what he does does help so what if he does not wont to give over what he has learnt that up to him yes it`s our loss if he wont to realise a screen set down the line cool I would pay for it to.

also BR549 you have not given over what you have worked out to do I asked you all ready you did not reply.

I have stop playing with M4 when the manual comes out I will start again.

Linux CNC fell over because you almost need to be a programmer to use it I tried said f that when back to m3

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 30, 2014, 09:01:30 PM »
Daniel I started working with LUA long before M4 came about. Sheetcam uses Lua for post and plugins. I still cannot prgram in it. I can only manipulate some of it from time to time and make things work.

As with you I also gave up on Lua until a good manual happens along. EVEN with that the best I will be able to do is cut and paste some code segments and make something work IF there is enough to work with in the manual.  The manual along will probably not do much without some GOOD first hand examples of it working in Mach4.

As to something you asked me about I don't have a clue what that was. Please refresh my memory.

Craig you are not just sharing the things you learn  IF you were you would also be SHARING the code that makes it work THAT WAY someone else may learn from it. What you are doing is setting yourself up as the Mach4 Guru so you can $ell your Good$ to the genearal public as you KNOW they will never get it as most of us don't. (;-)  AND there is really nothing WRONG with that other than you keep shoving that in our faces and proclaiming us as lazy mouchers. AND that is ok too as what goes around will always come back around.

Daniel what you say about LinuxCNC is exactly true and M4 may share the same fate if it does not change as I hear the exact same verbage used HERE with M4 as I did with LinuxCNC. IF you want it, LEARN to program it yourself.

NOW do "I "have to depend on M4 ? M3 ?  Not in the least . I do like M3 as it is fun to play with and create things WITH. NOW do I profit from either one ?? NOT one thin penny have I made off either. COULD I ? OH YEA I could.   I dedicate most of my time helping others to  learn CNC and helping other make a living from it, free of charge.

So craig I will leave it with ya. Show them how good you are pal. Maybe it will help you make a living with it. OR not.

But that is just me your values may vary, (;-) TP

« Reply #269 on: December 30, 2014, 10:06:11 PM »
Here is a stripped down wizard that is simple...  ::) no shoving intended.
you just have to edit the variables in the script before you run it.
It spits out the data in the history box
No reason anyone cant use this as a template and create their own functional wizards, the data can then be copied and pasted in the gcode editor.
take it all in small doses and it starts to be easier to grasp.
All that fancy Lua code can be overwhelming when all you really need is the value of the calculation

I'd mentioned a couple of times in the past I have no interest selling my Sets. Thanks, but don't need to earn a living, done that.  ;D I get to play now, and do what I desire.

And I have provided loads of code.
It just takes a while to get your head wrapped around it.
Good luck and have fun  8)