Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:03:28 PM

Author Topic: M4 screen set with user selectable 1 to 4 tool path views  (Read 7152 times)

Re: M4 screen set with user selectable 1 to 4 tool path views
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 10:26:51 PM »
Not sure I understand the Jog Following and just what you are referring too. Sometime I'm a little dense. :-[

But I did plan on adding your scripting features it to at least the Tool Path page.

I do like the way your script formats the four panes, I just needed to add them & name them 11 thru 14
pretty damn straight forward. Once the script runs it takes care of the formatting.

Again Great Job Scott

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2014, 07:48:03 AM »
Hey Craig,

I had already added TP 11-14 in the code, and those TP object, did they NOT show up in the screen I put up?
I downloaded my screen from this site, and I do see those tool path objects in there....
so, can I ask what you mean....

Thank you for the chops as well.

I think we should make this screen set a "Community" screen, where people can add features, wizards, pages what ever then after what they add is debugged. They could repost it back up, and tell what they added, and how to use it if required.

I.E. Probing routines, (to include tool touch offs), etc.

Scott
fun times
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2014, 09:09:33 AM »
Id taken your script and put it in the screen.set I am developing for mach4
So I had to add the 4 screens in my set
Kind of why I posted a screen capture to show the changes to the first Tab I had made.

I hoped that that with some of the examples I have posted others would feel more at ease with the screen designer and attempt some of thier own features. Having a Like Minded community will make the launch faster and more fun for all to get up to speed. While also creating a universal screen.set, functional for all.

Still trying to get my head wrapped around the Probing and how to use mc.mcMotionCyclePlannerEx()
does not show up on the LuaCalls list and debugging is giving me Errors.
Got a socket error trying to read. Address '192.168.254.84'. Port 25541.

I would think probing scripts that get called on button presses to the mc.mcCntrlMdiExecute() or mc.mcCntlLoadGcodeFile()
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 09:23:28 AM by Ya-Nvr-No »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2014, 10:32:11 AM »
GUYS could you do a BUTTON that emulates a probe trip.  I would like to test probing (;-)

I have tried but cannot do the LUA thing. It is about a mile above my abilities, been trying about a year now between SheetCam and Mach4 . NOTTA going to happen.

(;-) TP
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2014, 10:48:23 AM »
Worked on the Tool Path tab this morning
And note, the two pages are independent of each other so you can have different display groups and viewing orientations on each page.

that is a sweet job Scott

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2014, 01:01:24 AM »
GUYS could you do a BUTTON that emulates a probe trip.  I would like to test probing (;-)

I have tried but cannot do the LUA thing. It is about a mile above my abilities, been trying about a year now between SheetCam and Mach4 . NOTTA going to happen.

(;-) TP
Well...  this is not possible.  In Mach 4, the motion controller handles the probe input.  There is a signal that is "lit up" (digitize I think) but it is more for diagnostics than anything.  The core does not actually do anything with the signal during a probe move.  However, it will prevent you from starting a probe move if it is high.  But the core will not stop the motion upon a state transition.  That is the motion controller's responsibility.  The Sim plugin doesn't "simulate" probing at this time.

Steve

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2014, 01:01:18 PM »
Thanks Steve, SO would it be possible to release the LPT driver for further testing ?

(;-) TP

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2014, 01:19:29 PM »
ok, put the para port stuff in its own thread, lets keep this thread about screen stuff, and doing stuff in screens

scott
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 01:21:08 PM by poppabear »
fun times